What's next for Frankie Edgar?

GrAtI

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to see him against Lamas or loser of Pettis/Max. Dude is a legend. War Frankie!

Either Lamas or 135 IMO.

Either Lamas or 135 IMO.

Bantamweight

Correct. He says he doesn't even cut weight at 45. I think he can make a ton of noise at 35. I would like to see him go to 25 though and fight Mighty Mouse..

SUPERFIGHT:
UFC150_Weighins_44.jpg

VS..

Demetrious-Johnson-UFC-on-FOX-8-750x370.jpg

Correct. He says he doesn't even cut weight at 45. I think he can make a ton of noise at 35. I would like to see him go to 25 though and fight Mighty Mouse..

SUPERFIGHT:
UFC150_Weighins_44.jpg

VS..

Demetrious-Johnson-UFC-on-FOX-8-750x370.jpg
That would be awesome. Frankie would be the favorite imo.

Frankie's best bet to capture the 145 title is to hope either Holloway/Pettis beats Aldo and then beat them while fending off other contenders for the time being or as others have said either go down to 135 or back to 155.

If he stays at 145 I'd like to see him against Lamas or KZ/Bermudez winner and if he decides to go back to 155 a good return fight would be him against MJ.

Frankie vs Lamas makes the most sense to me.

Or he could drop to 135...

It really depends on what happens with Aldo. Its unfortunate that Conor didn't come back to FW. I can't blame him for going where there is more money but holding onto the FW title sucked if he wasn't ever planning to defend. If Aldo is booked to fight the Max vs Pettis winner Frankie is in line to fight either Max or Pettis if they beat Aldo. Otherwise or even in the meantime I would love to see him jump down to 135. He won't do it if it isn't a title shot but I would love for him to be in shape to make 135 in case of injury for Cruz vs Garbrandt or TJ vs Lineker. If they promised him a titleshot as a replacement or if he got one for replacing TJ or JL and won. No promises other than in writing as you can't take UFC/Dana's word.

move up to 155 to go after conor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back