Julianna Pena vs. Valentina Shevchenko Title Eliminator Bout Almost Signed

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Don't know what card it could be but UFC on FOX 23 is rumored to have a female Main Event. Another rumor floating is Cyborg/Holm for the inaugural 145 pound women's title.

Thoughts?

Finally! <cheer>

Tough match up for Valentina though... Gotta train that tdd. She handles Pena with serious ease on the feet.

WAR VALENTINA

Hopefully she can stop the take down and show some aggression out there.

Pena blocked people on Twitter suggesting she fights Val, I'm not holding my breath

Seems to work, I'd demand a interim belt bout to be absolutely sure to get a title shot next.

Finally! <cheer>

Tough match up for Valentina though... Gotta train that tdd. She handles Pena with serious ease on the feet.
Ultimately, I think Pena gets it down and subs her. Her ground game reminds me a lot of Michael Chiesa in terms of her being a lot physically stronger than she looks and having really long legs that aids in back takes, and an awesome rear naked choke and short elbows from top position. Her top game is very, very good and will only improve as she's only 10 fights into her career.

Amazing fight
Wmma bless

Great fight. The winner of that fight rightfully deserves the next title shot.

The only bad thing about this fight is it might be three rounds instead of five.

I'm glad the fight is happening nevertheless! The match making has been on point as of late.

Pena is my early pick. Winning a sparring match with Holly doesn't mean Val beats Pena for sure.

Ultimately, I think Pena gets it down and subs her. Her ground game reminds me a lot of Michael Chiesa in terms of her being a lot physically stronger than she looks and having really long legs that aids in back takes, and an awesome rear naked choke and short elbows from top position. Her top game is very, very good and will only improve as she's only 10 fights into her career.
Well said, bud. Pena has abysmal striking though...especially for a top 5'er. Thing is, she doesn't necessarily need to work on it yet since she's winning with it as is.

Great fight. The winner of that fight rightfully deserves the next title shot.

The only bad thing about this fight is it might be only three rounds.
It's a good fight and should definitely be a contender bout, but damn I can't get behind this as a Main Event. I'd be pretty disappointed if we had back to back Big FOX cards with underwhelming Main Events.

oh and on topic I pick Val due me not liking the ball kicker

I think all the talking is gonna back fire on Pena, she has completely changed her nice girl attitude into a deranged you know what. Hope she keeps improving cause she has a long way to go. She's lost all the fans, she needs a first round stoppage to back up her shit

you trolled me? wtf are you on about?

we dont say "first" on sherdog, be funny or offer something back to the topic.... thats the choices
ok yes sir will do from now on
internet-police-jpg.jpg

I hope Schevchenko pounds her in the face with a nice fist full serving of humble pie. Pena will try to take her down ASAP.

Back