How effective is this new Firas Zahabi strategy of rolling leg locks/guard pull ?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
We have seen Rory try to do it against Thompson and fail, now Hall has had some success with it, probably because he is a higher level grappler. Can Hall beat a top 5 FW solely on this strategy?

When your opponent is terrified to jump into your guard I'd say very.

No sure about the question. What I do know is I will NEVER watch another Hall fight.

Pfffft I'd dive straight over that shit and put him in the fuckin ground, even if my BJJ levels were Pat Barry-esque

We have seen Rory try to do it against Thompson and fail, now Hall has had some success with it, probably because he is a higher level grappler. Can Hall beat a top 5 FW solely on this strategy?
Sure, he may not be a disciple of JBG but he is a winner and will continue to add more tools on everytime we see him. I mean think about his grappling, who else do we see take down NCAA all american Gray Maynard? And, what fighter essentially had no striking and then is throwing hook kicks with amazing set ups and beautiful technique in a mere year?

Im telling ya'll people with tourettes have super powers. Mozart had tourettes (as well as tons of other amazing musicians), tons of top athletes have tourettes, anything that requires a mastery of motor movement, they simply have a brain that is more geared to mastery. And although the disorder can be horrendous to live with, if one learns to apply it to something, they can excel to unbelievable heights.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/tourette-syndrome-make-superior-athlete/story?id=24977715
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/3625399/I-know-what-made-Mozart-tic.html

And as a bonus, here are Cro Cop's tics.

Tho Im not sure if he has admitted having tourettes (as it can be embarrassing), having tourettes myself, I can 100% tell you this is a symptomatic tourette's tic as I have the same double stacked tic (twitching the neck to one side and closing the same eye at the same time in repetitive behavior). People with tourettes find haven in performing and high stressful situations (like fighting) and you will never see Hall or Cro Cop tic before or straight after a fight, and they only tic when relaxed. I was also not surprised to see Hall, like Cro Cop, master the high kick as it is very much a feeling based technique, you will do it countless times until it feels "just right" (just like with a tic).

He won. His martial art is superior. You're not an MMA fan.

I'm not a fan. Wow thanks for telling me. Pretty broad statement that I'm not a MMA fan because I don't like ONE guys fighting style of rolling around on the canvas without touching the other guy. Now that I know I'm not a fan I can save a lot of time by not watching fights every weekend. There seems to be a lot of us that aren't MMA fans as about 50% of the people on SD seem to agree with my opinion. Now that we all know we aren't really fans that leaves you as the true and only MMA fan. I'm in awe.

Do you think Ryan Hall can beat Conor, Jose, Frankie, Max or Ricardo? I should take Conor out of the equation, but seriously, do you think with that roll 27 times for a leg lock and almost get one would work against the likes of the aforementioned?

No.

I'm not a fan. Wow thanks for telling me. Pretty broad statement that I'm not a MMA fan because I don't like ONE guys fighting style of rolling around on the canvas without touching the other guy. Now that I know I'm not a fan I can save a lot of time by not watching fights every weekend. There seems to be a lot of us that aren't MMA fans as about 50% of the people on SD seem to agree with my opinion. Now that we all know we aren't really fans that leaves you as the true and only MMA fan. I'm in awe.

Haven't you heard? If you don't love the most fan-unfriendly style of fighting ever seen in MMA, you're an idiot and don't know MMA. :rolleyes:

Back