Cruz credits lighter weight divisions being created in the UFC to Faber

Reason

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dominick Cruz exhibited class, intelligence and poise in today's interview with Helwani on the MMA hour.

He credited Cody No Love with being "As smart as a rock"

He gave props to "Team Alpha Fail" for knowing how to get the media behind them to get the big fights by seeking him out back when he is working for fox(also mentioning the faber/McGregor backstage altercation).

He then went so far as to say that without Faber, who got the whole town of Sacramento behind him in the early days is the reason they have the lighter weight divisions in the UFC now.

"He was the one name..I was right there beside him, but with him putting me down and having that following, I never got the limelight, but that's ok, because we're here now. The beef couldn't be more squashed. I respect him as a business man and now that he is retired, he can go on to what he knows best, which is being a manager, making prize fighting money of the guys in his team, because he has a stake in the management company."

He also talked about Codys girlfriends twitter and how he just wanted to tell her it's between him and Cody but because she obviously wears the pants in that relationship, Cody couldn't put her in her place.

#legend
#Cruz bless.

070914-UFC-Urijah-Faber-SS-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.97.jpg

Faber, The Legendary Manlet

& people say he can't give buttchin credit/respect for nothin'... ;)

he sounded salty
in a good way
I like a salty cruz

If Cody KO's Cruz stiff, it will be the most poetic finish in MMA since Hughes/Trigg

I agree. When I restarted MMA, after Faber the second best known manlet was Miguel Torres.
Thank you to Faber for making it mainstream

its hilarious how he says he respects faber as a businessman but refuses to quit ragging on him for making some money off of them.
I don't know if "refuse" is the right word...but he does like to remind us :p

I don't know if "refuse" is the right word...but he does like to remind us :p
i just remember after their last fight he kept bringing it up in the post or pre fight presser (think it was the post fight one) to the point that it almost got a little awkward.

I agree. When I restarted MMA, after Faber the second best known manlet was Miguel Torres.
Thank you to Faber for making it mainstream

how quick did torres fall. he was on a 10+ undefeated streak and they couldnt win.

And I give credit to Cruz for killing the lighter weight divisions.
Touching his opponents and running away. Surprising his opponents with a TD from which they escape 4 seconds later.
All a bunch of BS that has nothing to do with fighting.

[QUOTE="Reason, post: 124637029, member: 470531"

"The beef couldn't be more squashed...
..I respect him as a business man and now that he is retired, he can go on to what he knows best, which is being a manager, making prize fighting money of the guys in his team, because he has a stake in the management company."
Lol. Still trolling Faber.
[/QUOTE]

i just remember after their last fight he kept bringing it up in the post or pre fight presser (think it was the post fight one) to the point that it almost got a little awkward.
I think it was because Urijah was denying it from what I remember. & Dom brought it up as the reason he started taking up Cody immediately after the fight in his post fight interview with Rogan.

Well, he's right. I'm one of those dorks that became a fan of Faber way back in the day, back when it was still "cage fighting" to me. I like how he manages to sneak in a back handed compliment at the end. Cruz gonna Cruz.

I don't think Cody is that big of an idiot either, no more than the average fighter. A lot of it comes from his speech pattern, and that is just how people from that area of the country talk. I think it is an Appalachian accent. His tattoos are pretty dumb, being fair.

Cruz is kind of a pseudo intellect, or whatever we say around these parts. He is objectively intelligent, but he isn't a PhD. He seemed insecure about Faber having a college degree at one of their press conferences. I believe he brought it up at a radio interview with him too. He also said TJ was looking to his girlfriend for "Consolidation" or something lol.

Both are probably smarter than us tbh.

Aldo, Faber, Torres, Cruz manlet Mt. Rushmore

And I give credit to Cruz for killing the lighter weight divisions.
Touching his opponents and running away. Surprising his opponents with a TD from which they escape 4 seconds later.
All a bunch of BS that has nothing to do with fighting.

I didn't realize the lighter weight divisions were dead. I guess no one told Conor.

Back