LEL MMAAA gonna c*ckblock UFC TV deals LEL

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“WME-IMG’s ability to effectuate three or four-fold increases in television licensing agreements both here domestically and internationally will be very substantially hindered by a situation where you have GSP, Cain Velasquez, T. J. Dillashaw and Tim Kennedy and hundreds of other fighters voicing their substantial displeasure with how they are being treated,” Rebney said.

Rebney, who says he negotiated long-term television licensing deals for Bellator with ESPN, NBC, Fox, MTV and Spike, says he has a keen understanding of what works, how it works and what the buyers of that kind of content are “frightened of.” He has sold content to 125 different countries around the world.

As for how Rebney plans to bring the UFC to the table, he says the MMAAA, controlled by its fighter board, will come out swinging. One plan is to target the UFC’s lucrative television contacts with an aggressive, well-orchestrated media campaign. The UFC’s deal with Fox expires next year and it will be looking to either renew or form new partnerships.

Rebney and the MMAAA plan to flood the media with stories of fighter hardships and give fighters an outlet to air their grievances without fear of UFC retribution. He says the relentless campaign will pick up steam, once the five well-known fighters of the MMAAA show their willingness to speak.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...-we-will-have-to-become-a-union-mma-interview

Last edited:
Scared-gif.gif

So scary

So you're happy that MMA won't be broadcasted to a larger audience? Fuck you then, TS.

And I don't want people giving me shit about how Bellator can still do it, how it's gonna change the game and that it's a better place for the fighters. Bellator can barely pull lackluster numbers and most of their fighters can't make jackshit off of sponsors, not to mention that their disclosed pay is nowhere near as much as the guys in the UFC make.

And don't even get me started on WSOF, those guys can't even get 200K people to watch their events.

They really did do GSP dirty after the Hendricks fight. GSP didn't deserve that.

So you're happy that MMA won't be broadcasted to a larger audience? Fuck you then, TS.

And I don't want people giving me shit about how Bellator can still do it, how it's gonna change the game and that it's a better place for the fighters. Bellator can barely pull lackluster numbers and most of their fighters can't make jackshit off of sponsors, not to mention that their disclosed pay is nowhere near as much as the guys in the UFC make.

And don't even get me started on WSOF, those guys can't even get 200K people to watch their events.

If it brings more awareness to how terrible the UFC contracts are and forces the UFC to change I am all for whatever it takes for that happen.

Bellator fighters can't get quality sponsorships because the UFC killed sponsorships for the whole sport with the Reebok deal as well.

as long that union helps the fighters i'm down with it.

If it brings more awareness to how terrible the UFC contracts are and forces the UFC to change I am all for whatever it takes for that happen.

Bellator fighters can't get quality sponsorships because the UFC killed sponsorships for the whole sport with the Reebok deal as well.
I know, but that only means that Bellator is an even shittier option than the UFC.

It isn't that likely that the UFC ends up changing the way their contracts are, but I agree in that fighters should be treated better.

All that is hidden shall be dragged out, kicking and screaming, into the light.

And the boards shall go mad....

It isn't that likely that the UFC ends up changing the way their contracts are, but I agree in that fighters should be treated better.

Funny - I think of this as an absolute inevitability. To me, the only question is when and why. But "if" is not even a question for me..... interesting.....

Great strategy

Come out with a ton of stories about poor fighters

the bad publicity scares tv companies and media so the UFC dont get such a good deal next time

result is that theres even less money and fighters get less

brilliant fucking strategy

If you wnat the fighters to get paid better, the best way to do that is to try and devalue the UFC ?

fucking jokers

Good. Do what you gotta do to get the fighter's their fair share of revenues.

This muthafucka will change the game for WME-IMG for sure. Nobody will even CARE who GSP's old crusty ass is anymore....

This is how you get a fucking TV deal in MMA, yo:

...so Rebney is saying he wants to push out the culinary union as they main obstacle for MMA and replace it with the fighters association?

I was hoping this was going to be a good thing for fighters, not a power play behind the scene lobbying kind of thing.

Oh well.

That's hilarious.

Do you think the Fertitas knew this association was in the works, and it was a contributing factor in their decision to sell? Obviously these things don't happen overnight and they no doubt have a bunch of fighters who were very loyal to them, and would report back to them if they were approached by an upstart association/union. Perhaps even some loyal enough to gather as much info as they could.

this isn't really the right place on the internet to start a thread with "lel"

Back