Boxing champ who sparred McGregor - 'Yes, Conor can make it in boxing'

Seismic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Chris Van Heerden clearly impressed with what he saw of Conor in the sparring sessions they had...

"Does Conor have boxing skills? Yes he does"

"Do I think Conor can go anywhere in boxing if he focuses purely on boxing for a few months? Yes... Conor can make a noise..."

"He's got good boxing skills"

"clear he comes from a boxing background"

[interviewer] Do you think if he focussed on boxing he could actually get there?

[Van Heerden] Yes

[interviewer] Wow

[Van Heerden] Yes, I will say this.... I'm going to be honest and a straight shooter .... If Conor McGregor purely one his boxing skills and he's with an elite trainer.... Let's say Freddie Roach, and Freddie spends time with him for a few months focussing on purely boxing - I can see McGregor adjusting, his skill getting so much better and he's a fighter, it's what he does, he likes standup, so it is in him to fight.... It's not going to come overnight but I do see Conor (making it) ... He's a gutsy fighter

That was a submission radio interview, from memory..

I'll find the link so people can listen to it if they want.

Chris also said it was clear who the pro boxer was in there and said he regretted posting the vid..

Edit:

Agree.

Do boxing fans realize that MMA fighters also box?

Andre Ward said the same thing about Diaz bros.
All these salty boxing fans popping up lately hate to admit that Ward brought Diaz into camp whenever he was fighting a southpaw..

This thread is now about the Australian Clinch vs the Thai Clinch. Which do you think is superior?

The Australian Clinch:

KlutzyFamousCoot.gif

Conor would hit that bum Maywomanbeater once in the temple and knock him clean out.

LMAO @ "boxing champ". Van Heerden is a journeyman who got totally destroyed and embarassed by the first elite fighter he faced.

Next please.

If he trained only boxing of course he would. People act like boxing is extremely hard to be good at, it's just mma fighters don't only focus on their hands, if they did, they would do well

This thread is now about the Australian Clinch vs the Thai Clinch. Which do you think is superior?

The Australian Clinch:

KlutzyFamousCoot.gif
I like the Australian Clinch but it leaves you susceptible to a lead right...

52886UNILAD-imageoptim-roo-punch-GIF.gif

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS!
Pro Boxer that Conor pays says that is is great!!!!

I think it would take some time to get up to merryweathers level but it's certainly possible

Lol he's not gonna get to Mayweather's level.

But if he focuses on pure boxing for a good amount of time, he can hang with good boxers.

"Conor can make it in boxing"
- Guy who hasn't really made it in boxing

Back