Who do you think won Cejudo vs Benavidez?

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I just watched the fight and I was certain that Cejudo won even with the point deduction. He was outstriking Joe, landing takedowns, and marching him down the whole fight. This is just my opinion but how the fuck did a judge give Joe a 30-27 (26 with deduction...)

Did I watch a different fight than the judges? Anyways amazing fight between two awesome fighters.

Joseph-Benavidez-2117-WEC-45.jpg

HenryCejudoUFC300x375.jpg

I actually gave Benavidez winning. I think he started to get his timing and was landing more frequently after the first round. But I must say Cejudo did a whole lot better than I gave him credit before. It was an incredibly close fight though.

Was a clear decision for Cejudo imo. Or at least a draw.

Henry "The Brujo" Cejudo won the fans.

Two accidental groin kicks. It was pretty much uncalled for.

The problem was Yves Lavigne saying no point off after the first one but he'd take one off if there was a second and then.... there was a second one so he had no real choice.

The problem was Yves Lavigne saying no point off after the first one but he'd take one off if there was a second and then.... there was a second one so he had no real choice.
It's true. But he shouldn't even said that in the first place. The first one was clearly accidental and didn't even affect Joe. B very much at all. The second one was accidental too, obviously. They were running into each other all fight.

I just watched the fight and I was certain that Cejudo won even with the point deduction. He was outstriking Joe, landing takedowns, and marching him down the whole fight. This is just my opinion but how the fuck did a judge give Joe a 30-27 (26 with deduction...)

Did I watch a different fight than the judges? Anyways amazing fight between two awesome fighters.

Joseph-Benavidez-2117-WEC-45.jpg

HenryCejudoUFC300x375.jpg
I'll give you an off-the-wall answer to your question...so sue me. I think Cejudo lost based on my own personal rules, which state that 1) if more than 50% of your strikes thrown are whiffs then what the hell are you doing, and, 2) If you're better than anyone in the world at a particular skill, yet rarely to never use that skill in a fight, then what the hell are you doing. Two What The Hell Are You Doings equal a point and a half deduction, so that plus Cejudo's other point deduction made me give the victory to Joe. Other than that, professional UFC judges who are sitting octagonside are better judges than I am, thus I defer to their decisions 100% unless it's a blatant fuck-up, which I didn't see in this case.

Last edited:
Glad to see my fellow sherbros saw the same fight I did.

Had it a draw. 9-9 1st round, Cejudo 2nd, Joe B 3rd. 28-28. It was so even it deserved a draw

Back