I think a top boxer with good TDD would be Jon Jones' weakness

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Jones doesn't have good boxing and he doesn't seem to care for it. He said on the last JRE that he hasnt trained striking for the last 6 months. His hardest fight was against Gustafsson who was an amateur boxing champ in Sweden and has decent wrestling. Luckily, for him, there isn't anyone like this at LHW yet, but Stipe Miocic would sure beat him. Even Jon acknowledges this, as he said he is waiting for "the perfect opponent" to hold the HW belt.

He didn't train much for Gustaffson, changed his bum life with that fight.

USADA and new eyepoking rules are his greatest weaknesses. And fighters his own size. And sobriety. lmao

Just like they said about Glover?

Jones doesn't have good boxing and he doesn't seem to care for it. He said on the last JRE that he hasnt trained striking for the last 6 months. His hardest fight was against Gustafsson who was an amateur boxing champ in Sweden and has decent wrestling. Luckily, for him, there isn't anyone like this at LHW yet, but Stipe Miocic would sure beat him. Even Jon acknowledges this, as he said he is waiting for "the perfect opponent" to hold the HW belt.
There are no boxers with enough size and wrestling ability to stop Jones from taking them down with ease.

Snownes has no weakness. Baddest fucking dude on the planet real talk.

I agree,a better version then gus

I was trying to think who a good boxer with decent TDD in the LHW is and it has to be Gus right? Gus probably gave him one of his toughest fights too. Nobody else in the top ranks is really good enough with their hands. Rumble has that power but that's about it.

some one his height or reach gives him a problem match him up with struve be foty

There are no boxers with enough size and wrestling ability to stop Jones from taking them down with ease.

Good TDD doesn't work (see DC).

Yep, pretty much this. I don't think there's a LHW alive who can stop the takedown against Jones for 5 rounds.

image.JPG

USADA and new eyepoking rules are his greatest weaknesses. And fighters his own size. And sobriety. lmao

I must have missed something (which isn't unusual). What's the new eyepoking rules?

I was trying to think who a good boxer with decent TDD in the LHW is and it has to be Gus right? Gus probably gave him one of his toughest fights too. Nobody else in the top ranks is really good enough with their hands. Rumble has that power but that's about it.

Not one ,the toughest,you need someone who can maintain that distance and make jones come to them and counter him and not play the clinch game with him.

I must have missed something (which isn't unusual). What's the new eyepoking rules?

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/8/3/12...kes-and-grounded-fighters-take-effect-january

Extended fingers

In the standing position, a fighter that moves their arm(s) toward their opponent with an open hand, fingers pointing at the opponent's face/eyes, will be a foul. Referees are to prevent this dangerous behavior by communicating clearly to fighters. Fighters are directed to close their fists or point their fingers straight in the air when reaching toward their opponent.

Yep, pretty much this. I don't think there's a LHW alive who can stop the takedown against Jones for 5 rounds.

image.JPG
It would take a 6'3" + NCAA D1 Caliber wrestler with MMA experience... which is unlikely at LHW.

Jones is fake and his personality sucks.

That said, there isnt anyone currently at LHW who can beat him imo

Jones is fake and his personality sucks.

That said, there isnt anyone currently at LHW who can beat him imo

Yeah I agree. I'd respect him for moving to heavyweight but I think he can keep winning and dominate LHW as long as he is motivated.

Back