Stipe Miocic and...

TriangleMonkey

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
All the UFC rostered fighters that work jobs outside of the fight game and are not complaining about pay/benies need some recognition.

Connoneir, just fought, works 12hr shifts for the government in Alaska for example.

This is a more realistic realm of what being a fighter is. I know its a great dream to get paid to practice all the martial arts in the world and eat good plus work out all the time but thats not real life.

Connor came and made everbody jelly AF

My 2 cents on current fighter pay issues

Flame, Bash, Spit, Comment

Stipe doesn't do it for the money, though. And can only be commended for it. Great fuckin guy, and easily one of favourite fighters...EVER.

But yeah, many fighters have held actual jobs while fighting. It's amazing, and a testament to them that they can work a real job. And still rise to the highest mma stage in the world. You gotta respect the fuck out of that.

Arent fire shifts like 2 weeks on 2 weeks off or something? Tim Kennedy is most impressive imo. Special Forces soldiers are constantly getting deployed and when not deployed are in a constant state of training. I dont know how hes able to balance the two.

Mighty Mouse plays video games professionally. Respect.

Fighters have been complaining for years. It's the Reebok deal that really caused a lot of them to start speaking out more, not Conor's antics. The direct loss of $10,000+ every time you fight is a serious and significant loss when you're relying on that income and then, with no input from you or your colleagues, suddenly you're forced to wear shitty, ugly clothing to work and take a severe pay cut.

Yeah. They have a right to complain. Even if Reebok were paying them fairly (which it's not), those fight kits are hideous. I wouldn't donate one to charity - people in need have a need for functional, useful clothing, not shitty wannabe uniforms with blatant typos and hideous, random color clashes.

I agree the Reebok deal did have a lot to do with it but also these guys im speaking of need to speak out to these younger "kids" that are all starry eyed by people like Connors success story that working more than one job is a more true success story.

And firefighters typically work like a 3 day on/off deal not weeks at a time.

Chris Lytle in the house too worked his whole career and entered TUF, and still has a job.

Some guys throw a good thing away for fighting and now complain about there own future

Why do they need recgnition? They get fights; and fighters that complain don't. Look at Adam Milstead; tweeted about having to work a 12 hour shift because his UFC pay doesn't cover his bills the day after his fight. Since then he hasn't fought since, and other lower tier HW's like Ledet, even scumbags like Cody East have had multiple fights. Where's Myles Jury? A #8 LW not that long ago, hasn't fought since he dropped to FW and lost to Oliveira a year ago. Well, he threw his Reebok gear in the trash and tweeted about it.

The HW Champ working a day job just because he loves it and still kicks ass .
Yet some prelim scrubs are crying on social media because they thought they could live like rockstars just for being in the UFC, motherfuckers should earn it in the Cage (and the Mic unfortunately ) not crying on Facebook

Back