Anyone else want to see Conor stay at LW and defend the belt?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What he has done is impressive, but he hasn't defended a belt once. He just keeps bouncing around from division to division. I think he needs to stay at LW and defend the belt a few times, if he can. There are some tough challenges for him there. Khabib, Tony, etc. I think if he gets a few defenses under his belt that would be big for his legacy and then if Aldo gets a few wins and is still champ they can rematch. Thoughts?

I want him to retire tbh.

Anyone else want to see Conor defend the belt?

Yes

Move to WW and fight Woodley. Have Ferguson and Khabib fight for the interim belt. Then relinquish the LW belt to Alvarez.

I love the way conor handles his business in the gon.....and ive already seen him look awful at one fight and ordinary in another at 170.......and agsinst another lw so , yes, he should stay at 155(where he belongs).

Nope, i want to see him lose the title in the most painful manner possible

Khabib, Ferguson with McGregor in that division will bring some huge events.

I want to see Conor defend. Kind of like how I want to win the lottery...

Never going to happen.

Of course I want him to defend, but there's a more interesting wealth of challengers at Welterweight than there is at Lightweight - Woodley, Thompson, Cerrone, Lawler, Nick Diaz, GSP (if he returns), etc. - so hopefully he defends the LW Title just a few times (against the winner of Ferguson/Khabib, Diaz in a rubber match, and maybe Aldo if he moves up to chase the rematch) and then moves up to WW permeantly.

Yes,id like to see him get 4 defences or so before moving up to ww and hopefully woodley keeps hold of it and we can have them go at it in the media and build up a rivalry,because the alvarez fight would of been so much bigger if they were both long reigning champs

As a result of Sherdog, I couldn't care any less

Yes,id like to see him get 4 defences or so before moving up to ww and hopefully woodley keeps hold of it and we can have them go at it in the media and build up a rivalry,because the alvarez fight would of been so much bigger if they were both long reigning champs
How much could they sell a GSP return fight against Conor?

I'd love to see a Khabib defence followed by Tony then Barboza then RDA (assuming he gets back into contention), then at this point I'd be happy with a Diaz/Aldo rematch. If he wins all those then he can play around at WW.

defending the belt is the easiest thing to do other than go down to fw and ko aldo stiff again. So would i want to see conor do the easiest thing on his mind, its up to him.

Yes.
Good that he got stripped, would have been better had he defended it. Much as I dislike him.

No, I don't. Tittle defenses are artificial meaningless goals that had been set before because people were afraid to go up in divisions and chase other tites. I want Conor to get the WW belt. Then he can fight whoever he wants regardless of divisions.

Back