UFC 206 Countdown: "Conor McGregor relinquished his 145lb belt"

AliBagaoteenov

Imagine a Prime Yoel Romero Poundin yo Old Lady
Banned
Reaction score
What? Dictionary definition of relinquished is voluntarily gave up.

"Promoting Jose Aldo to undisputed champion"

Why are Pettis and Max Fighting for an interim belt, Aldo is right there!

Fucking UFC goofs

They're so desperate to have a "title fight" on the card that they're pretending that Conor who has the belt doesn't exist, and that Aldo has a belt despite not earning it.

Retards.

What you think Dana sent an army to take it from him?

Dana probably just told him to be a good boy and hand it over or face the consequences. He obliged and relinquished it.

How is Also the undisputed champion now? I'd say he's the definition of disputed champion. But whatever.

They're so desperate to have a "title fight" on the card that they're pretending that Conor who has the belt doesn't exist, and that Aldo has a belt despite not earning it.

Retards.

Agree and it's shameful that they pull this stunt in such an obvious way. Absolutely no need for an interim fight at all. Aldo is not injured and can easily defend his newly given belt. The reality is, no one should be wearing an interim belt right now. It should be Aldo the #1 contender waiting to fight the winner of Pettis vs Holloway for the vacated belt.

How is Also the undisputed champion now? I'd say he's the definition of disputed champion. But whatever.

Well said. After 206, Aldo will be one of three fighters who can make a claim to hold an UFC Featherweight championship. That as you said, is the definition of a disputed champion.

The whole army ... Gave it up like fookin nuttin

If connie would have fought aldo and not natezilla for the second time.....

That interim belt doesn't make any sense..
Why are they throwing an interim belt at a #1 contender match while the new "champ" is available to fight ?

They are trying hard to do some " unification chamop vs champ " bout..

UFC is falling apart and I'm not even joking.

1. Conor wants to leave to go to boxing.
2. #2 Mainstream draw has already mentality checked out and wanting to retire
3. Fighter Union
4. MM abysmal gate and attendance figures.
5. Future cards like UFC 206 and the cards in Jan-March quarter aren't looking promising.
6. JBJ and GSP on the sidelines. Brock not coming back.

#UFCisDying

I'm almost happy for Aldo. It was so sweet seeing his little face so joyful in that video.

That interim belt doesn't make any sense..
Why are they throwing an interim belt at a #1 contender match while the new "champ" is available to fight ?

They are trying hard to do some " unification chamop vs champ " bout..

Because contracts and PPV.

Some arenas when you book them have in the contract that you the UFC will bring a belt fight I do remember clearly someone from that MMA business world telling us you need it for some event and some PPV shows that they are in the contract.. the arena / place knows that this is treated seriously and that it will generate their minimum to make it worth while if they bring a belt fight.

Back