Dana White: ‘What commission would let that fight happen?’ McGregor/Mayweather

Titleboxe

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Houston seems pretty lax

Randy was 18-10 and 145 year old. Floyd is 49-0 and the best boxer of his generation.

UFC won't allow their cash cow to get embarrassed

Any that wants to make more money than they will ever get from
a UFC event.

The US isn't the world, there are plenty of places who wouldn't care and would allow it to happen for the money.

As a businessman Dana doesn't want this fight to happen but secretly as a fight fan/ex boxing fan I promise you 100% he would watch this fight if it goes ahead.

Hits like a bitch though
Compared to notorious one punch KO machine Randy 'Rumble' Couture?

James Toney had a much bigger chance of beating Randy, than Conor does to Floyd.

Compared to notorious one punch KO machine Randy 'Rumble' Couture?

James Toney had a much bigger chance of beating Randy, than Conor does to Floyd.
Conors chance of brain damage is far less against floyd than it was for toney against randy

I mean in terms of MMA striking Connor is for sure elite, but boxing is not MMA. I mean who knows, he could maybe beat Floyd but I wouldn't put any money on it...

Sounds like someone is getting a little worried that it's actually a possibility, and that the UFC won't get their cut...

I'd like to hear an experts opinion on this Ali act and how it would relate to Conor taking a Boxing fight, still sounds far-fetched to me but people keep bringing it up.

I'm not fussed about seeing Mayweather vs Conor. I'd rather see Conor get battered by Khabib/Tony so his gaylords can't make excuses.

Are they afraid Mayweather will decision the living shit out of him?

Why the hell would they not "allow" this fight to happen? Conor is bigger than floyd, has been knocking out top competition left and right in MMA. Floyd is 40 and has finished one guy in his last 11 fights. (Ortiz doesnt count) Yea he's probably the better boxer technically but it's not like Conor is putting his life on the line fighting a pillow fisted defensive boxer. What a load of crock

Why not have it on Native American land like Bellator events in USA?

I mean in terms of MMA striking Connor is for sure elite, but boxing is not MMA. I mean who knows, he could maybe beat Floyd but I wouldn't put any money on it...
Conor has a 0.0009% chance at beating Mayweather dont be silly. Life long Boxers cant even beat him. I think he should have 1 loss on his record the castilo 1 fight aywyas, and you think McGregor has any chance? Conor looked very average vs a mediocre Irish Boxer.

Conors chance of brain damage is far less against floyd than it was for toney against randy
Its better for Conor to fight Mayweather instead of Canelo Alvarez and risk serious brain trauma.

Back