So who do you think wins between Khabib and Ferguson?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is the fight I wanted to see for a while. 2 huge contenders facing off. A fight that was teased to us a couple of times before. I'm rooting for Tony but if Khabib wins. He will convert me into a believer.

Conor wins as it means 1 of them will have a loss and be out of title a title fight for a while.
The fans are the losers though as the winner of the fight gets Conor and then the winner of that fight has no one to fight.

Hard to say who wins. It's a great matchup! It really is. I just hope both come into the fight fresh and we have a war. I'm rooting for Tony!

Conor wins as it means 1 of them will have a loss and be out of title a title fight for a while.
The fans are the losers though as the winner of the fight gets Conor and then the winner of that fight has no one to fight.
There's always someone to fight my mane

Best grappler in the sport beats up the guy who isnt the best at anything in the sport.

It's a hard one to call, I really enjoy both fighters styles but there really on the other side of the spectrum regarding style but I'd be happy with one of them destroying Conor and bringing normality to sherdog and the purging of the mcnuthuggets

khabib. tony is good but he's not bear.

What's Demain Maia got to do with this?

Demian Maia isnt as good as of an MMA grappler as Khabib is.

Khabib can actually control his opponents and GnP them violently at the same time. Maia cant.

That makes Khabib much more dangerous.

Demian Maia isnt as good as of an MMA grappler as Khabib is.

Khabib can actually control his opponents and GnP them violently at the same time. Maia cant.

That makes Khabib much more dangerous.
Maia can actually sub UFC level fighters consistently. Khabib doesn't.

What's Demain Maia got to do with this?
Strange people compare Khabib's and Maia's grappling. They are different in so many ways. Maia is a brilliant BJJ artist with perfect subs while Khabib excels in takedowns and grinding, brutal GnP. His subs are good enough, but not his main weapon. They are best in different aspects of grappling.

I gotta go with Ferg. Khabib is a beast on the ground, but Ferg lights him up while it is standing. I'm sure Khabib could get the fight down sometimes, and hold it there for a while, but I think Ferg is good enough to get back up. Ferg is also a gigantic LW which makes being held down a lot harder for Khabib.

Maia can actually sub UFC level fighters consistently. Khabib doesn't.

Khabib can too, he just batters them instead. He didnt have to submit Johnson, he chose to. I respect the grappling of Maia but its not nearly as dominant and doesnt cause nearly as much damage.

very hard one to call , its a shame that they are not scheduled to fight for the belt

Strange people compare Khabib's and Maia's grappling. They are different in so many ways. Maia is a brilliant BJJ artist with perfect subs while Khabib excels in takedowns and grinding, brutal GnP. His subs are good enough, but not his main weapon. They are best in different aspects of grappling.
Suppose its your individual preference. I'm a BJJ fan and Maia is basically a demi-god. For how long he's been doing it, he's earned the "best grappler in MMA" title IMO.

Khabib can too, he just batters them instead. He didnt have to submit Johnson, he chose to. I respect the grappling of Maia but its not nearly as dominant and doesnt cause nearly as much damage.
Maia has beat much better grapplers than Khabib. He threw a dominant grappler in prime Cheal Sonnen on his head and choked him. Who is the best grappler Khabib has dominated?

Tony has nothing for Khabib. At least MJ has a KO power for a lucky punch, but what does Tony have, who nearly lost to a newcomer? Khabib all the day.

There's always someone to fight my mane

It wastes a #1 and #2 though and if it's non title it probably means a 3 round fight.
Benavidez vs Cejudo isn't exactly the same as they've both fought for the title already but the 2 of them in a 3 rounder was disappointing.

To answer the TS's original question I've got no idea who'd win, it'd be a good fight but if it went 3 and finished there I'd be disappointed.

Ferguson always seems to find a way to win even when he's losing. Khabib seems to be more of a frontrunner. He's the favored but cant count Tony out at all.

Back