How far away is Ryan Hall from a title shot?

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ryan Hall is on a six fight win streak over champions and future champions. He beat Artem who proved to be light years better than we thougt he was in his fight against Ishihara and Gray Maynard who put down two of the worst beat downs in title fight history on Frankie Edgar. He is a master of leg locks and poses a huge threat to anyone on the ground. If he fought Aldo, Aldo wouldn't be able to use his leg kicks so I think it would be a dangerous fight for him. How far away from a title shot do you think Hall is?

IMG_2062.JPG

If soccer kicks were legal, he would die in his next fight.

Too far. Should get Frankie next imo.

Not close at all but we can dream

idk i actually kind of like him. it may be weird for some to watch but i think anyone who's even barely dabbled in jj can appreciate his approach

6 more wins or 5 years, whatever comes last.

Not that far. But it's gonna take him a while to roll their.
daduntsh.gif

As the sherdog GOAT poster I hereby exclaim that hall had no business in the UFC and never have I seen such a boring fighter since man-humper extrodinaire gsp.

#GUERNICAbless

So a win over Artem will help you get a title shot?

<mma4>

He would have to keep winning fights then basically climb the ranks and just go from there. So 8 more wins.

At least 4.

With the new rules in regards of kicking a down opponent starting in 2017 he'll probably get kicked more.

I appreciate his bjj and also the different style he brings. But I can't appreciate falling to your back each time the other fighter closes in or feints a strike.
Maynard fought horribly though and should only blame himself.

At least 4.

With the new rules in regards of kicking a down opponent starting in 2017 he'll probably get kicked more.

I appreciate his bjj and also the different style he brings. But I can't appreciate falling to your back each time the other fighter closes in or feints a strike.
Maynard fought horribly though and should only blame himself.

How exactly are the new rules going to put him at danger?
"The new definition is a slight tweak. Essentially the old definition still applies with an exception that for a hand to make a fighter grounded, both palms, both fists, or a palm and a fist must be touching the canvas." http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/3...boxing-commissions-amends-mma-s-unified-rules

I like watching Ryan fight, but I'd be surprised if they even resign him. The UFC has become a circus where talent has very little value.

Back