Should Lesnar vs Carwin have been stopped in round 1?

TourIsOverBoyo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just watched it again and wow, it was worse than I remembered. Of course you could argue that it should have went on because Brock did continue to win, but I think any other ref would have stepped in. The guy was getting completely wrecked

Probably not. Lesnar stood up at the end of the round and Carwin's GNP was embarrassingly bad. He had the fight won if he just let Lesnar stand up, but instead insisted on tenderizing Lesnar's forearms for the better part of 3 minutes until he gassed out of his mind.

Yes. Same situation happened in lesnar vs Cain and that fight was stopped

OP screename strong BB.com reference

You're like 6 years late with this bud.

Wtf is there to debate? He fucking submited him in the 2nd, clearly a good job not stopping the fight...{<doc}

People ask this question all the time, they stop matches because fighters cant continue. If the fighter taking the damage ends up winning he clearly could keep fighting and the fight was fine not being stopped. With that being said there are fights like Kongo vs Barry where no one would have been mad if the fight had been stopped but again kongo ended up winning despite the damage so it should not have been stopped.

No no NO!

Lesnar had enough left to submit Carwin. The very result of the fight is evidence Lesnar was alright, the fight was good, and the referee was spot on.

It was close, if it was stopped it wouldn't have been disputed much at that time, there was a lot of in answered blows.

I don't understand how people can say it should have been stopped when he submitted him some 3 mins later, took him down I might had. Lesnar has a good chin, he just doesn't like getting hit. People mistake the 2

No.. he got up and pinned him for a minute in the same round.

Hell he won after that so correct choice he wasn't out of it or to damaged.

Fuck no, all Carwin did was give Brock's arms a massage.

I don't understand how people can say it should have been stopped when he submitted him some 3 mins later, took him down I might had. Lesnar has a good chin, he just doesn't like getting hit. People mistake the 2

Also this.

Great chin.

Really bad reactions to hits to the face.

Just watched it again and wow, it was worse than I remembered. Of course you could argue that it should have went on because Brock did continue to win, but I think any other ref would have stepped in. The guy was getting completely wrecked
He wasn't bouncing his head off the canvas just punching his arms but still that was a bizarre fight. I wish Carwin hadn't got caught up in the moment but who I am to give Carwin advice in hindsight. Ya know.

I would rather see a late stoppage than an early one, as long as it's not egregious. The shit where the guy is unconscious and takes an extra few punches sucks, but if he's still squirming around, give him a shot to fight it off.

why the hell? no way. he wasn't really hurt in any moment...he only was waitting for his moment...and he submited shane in R2. Good stoppage.<13>

Becoming a turtle for 2 mins is not intelligently defending yourself. Under UFC rules the fight should have been stopped

Back