Can Conor live up to Benson Henderson as UFC lw Champ?

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Benson has had quite the career. First off he was the former WEC champ, and had two wins over Cowboy. Then beat Jim Miller and Clay Guida before getting his title shot against Frankie Edgar. After winning the title from Edgar he rematches him and beats him again. Twice, the man beat prime Frankie 2x! So then he defends against Nate Diaz and Gilbert Melendez before finally losing to Pettis.

Anybody who knows anything about MMA surely has to respect that type of run. Is there any way Conor can compare? Was Conor's path to the title comparable? What will his first 3 defenses look like? Can he make 3 title defenses?

IMO Benson was a solid champ and his championship legacy is only comparable to BJ and Frankie. I don't see Conor having the same success he did at lw as he did at FW. He beat Eddie Alvarez who was good but on a side note Eddie is also the only UFC champ to never have successfully defended his title at least once, So basically he beat the UFC's weakest champ ever to get the title.

giphy.gif

Who the fook is that guy?

I didn't start watching till 2015 and I love Conor

I doubt it. Benson actually defended his belt.

No, because he'll actually beat people instead of robbing them.

Sure, if he lowers his IQ by 3 points, starts reading and quoting the bible in a literal sense and starts making excuses after every loss/split dec win.

Last edited:
Not even beating that old ass joke into the ground but being serious, depends on if he defends his belt and who he fights.

Khabib is a scary fight for anyone right now.

I think Conor can easily chin check Tony Ferguson and make those big ears wiggle while eating the mat face first.

That being said, split decisions, Jesus talk and all that aside, Benson was one of the GOAT LW champs. Dude was right there on BJ's LW legacy.

Conor could do it though.

Last edited:
I can't see Conor winning by controversial decision on multiple occasions. He tends to clearly win or lose his fights.

so tired of these troll threads. nothing but kids on sherdog looking to fuck with people.

"haha im gonnas make a thread sayin that can conor be as good as the guy that's two losses deep in bellator heehee that should waste time and rile everyone up. harhar im a fucknut

do you ever watch the UFC Q and A and watch the complete fucktard zombies that walk up to the mic that can barely speak and ask the most down syndrome questions?

that's 75% of sherdog

Benson has had quite the career. First off he was the former WEC champ, and had two wins over Cowboy. Then beat Jim Miller and Clay Guida before getting his title shot against Frankie Edgar. After winning the title from Edgar he rematches him and beats him again. Twice, the man beat prime Frankie 2x! So then he defends against Nate Diaz and Gilbert Melendez before finally losing to Pettis.

Anybody who knows anything about MMA surely has to respect that type of run. Is there any way Conor can compare? Was Conor's path to the title comparable? What will his first 3 defenses look like? Can he make 3 title defenses?

IMO Benson was a solid champ and his championship legacy is only comparable to BJ and Frankie. I don't see Conor having the same success he did at lw as he did at FW. He beat Eddie Alvarez who was good but on a side note Eddie is also the only UFC champ to never have successfully defended his title at least once, So basically he beat the UFC's weakest champ ever to get the title.

is this true? or do you just mean in the LW division?

Benson defended his title, he never lost to Nate Diaz, and hasn't been schooled by no names.

Back