Was Emil Meeks Win over Palhares legit? [GIF] Not Sold on his UFC Debut Yet..

xFeeLPaiN

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
ive read posts of sherdoggers calling him the Palhares Killer and basically praising him for that 1 victory, however imo it was kind of a fluke (dumb fight iq by palhares). He rushed in with a takedown, got caught with an elbow and emil just went all out with his punches to get the TKO victory, however this doesnt really show much of Emils Skillset ...

75e3497a145520cdf7313d08a6a9408e.gif

Edit: As fellow sherdoggers already pointed out, those elbows were ILLEGAL

Last edited:
He probably won't become top 15 but I think he can hang around.

It was a fight and he won. It's as legit as it gets.

Doesn't take much skill to elbow a guys head off while he's trying to take you down against the cage.

Who cares, Palhares being unconscious and drooling on the floor is always a positive

yes the win is legit, since he finished him.

whether he is or not we don't know, he just seems like another brawler and i'm thinking mein might fuck him up.

Of course it was legit you idiot, he made him unconscious with his strikes

I think he'll have a good show out, interesting agaisnt a great fighter in Mein but he's been retired so who knows

Tough to tell from the angle, but looks like it could've been the back of the head. Palhares has a questionable chin, though, and if Meeks has power than that might be all it took.

Palhares had ran through some killers leading up to that fight, so it's impressive win even though it wasn't the prettiest performance ever.

Lucky for Andy and Belfort, they didn't want none of that.

I actually like Vitor and Anderson, but @thechoice2 always gives me shit about Mir and those are his two favorites. Pretty easy comebacks for me :p

Back