The "Muhammad Ali Act" nullifies Mcgregor's UFC contract in boxing

OneGloveGracie

Double Yellow Card
@Green
Reaction score

Michael Buffer says the UFC won't let him box. And Dana White himself said that if anyone wants to box Conor that they have to call the UFC first. But many stipulations in his contract don't comply with The Muhammad Ali Act.

Namely, 1 year maximum contract with promoters and managers. Managers and Promoters can't be linked.

Any language that goes against The MA Act will automatically nullify the entire contract.

Mcgregor is free to fight in boxing imo.

Thanks for the legal advice.

and yes I do have a Sherdog account.

Michael Buffer says the UFC won't let him box. And Dana White himself said that if anyone wants to box Conor that they have to call the UFC first. But many stipulations in his contract don't comply with The Muhammad Ali Act.

Namely, 1 year maximum contract with promoters and managers. Managers and Promoters can't be linked.

Any language that goes against The MA Act will automatically nullify the entire contract.

maybe UFC doesnt have to be the promoter of the boxing event

Doesn't the MAA only refer to contracts between boxers and boxing promoters? This would mean it also covers contracts between boxers and MMA promoters, I don't think it works quite that easily.

If it means the top two contenders can finally fight for the LW title, then I don't care what Conor does. He can take a rocket ship to the moon and become king of mars.

A sherdog representative will be on the line shortly. Please hold.

Is Conor allowed "substitutes" under his UFC contract when ordering a combo meal at a Taco Bell drive thru?

In your opinion.
Well thats worth a lot..

Yet nobody have manage to do anything outside UFC.
Remember when AS wanted to box?

If McGregor tried to get out of his contract to box, at best the UFC would tie this up in the courts for a very long time.

Bob Arum would change his bum life

Q29sJDP2.jpg

This man will get Conor some real #BoxingMoney and get him a payday of his wildest dreams

The UFC is dead against MMA fighters being covered by The Ali Act. Therefore, it can only be good for the fighters and I am in favour of it.

Q29sJDP2.jpg

This man will get Conor some real #BoxingMoney and get him a payday of his wildest dreams

GOAT promoter (I'm dead serious too). Uncle Bob may stiff his fighters but one thing is for certain he sure as hell knows how to turn every single prospect of his into a legend.

No wonder McGreger's tats are fk'n hideous... they're property of the UFC.

Interesting, but that only handlez the boxing side of it. MMA is not bound by those rules & so the MA Act would not nullify his contract with the UFC.

Hope that makes sense.

That said, there should be no reason the UFC can't act as his fight promoter. Even if the one year thing is not cool with boxing... they could draw up a new "boxing contract"... because the UFC will not let Conor fight freelance for someone else while he is under contract with them.

By my count... he still has 5 more fights left on his contract... if the original info about a 10 fight contract starting before the Mendez fight are true.

Pretty funny that all these guys who shit on MMA are the first ones to want Conor's services when there are just preliminary talks of him crossing over.

I guess Pac's 200K buys against Vargas and Canelo's barely breaking 300 makes them realize who the real draw is in combat sports. May vs Pac was a one time thing, his last fight against Berto bombed, and they all know Conor vs Floyd would blow away the numbers of a Pac rematch, which would probably do less than half, if not 1/3, of the first fight.

Back