You're not a heavyweight.

ThEiCeMaN6791

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
There's been so much hate in this forum towards the smaller weight classes it's ridiculous. I know the average beer guzzling keyboard warrior may weigh 200+ lbs and think they are a heavyweight but let's remember that in fight shape most of you would probably be in the "manlet" divisions too.

And before someone inevitably calls me a manlet I'm about the same height/build as Benson Henderson.

This is true, a lot of these fat slobs who don't even lift are probably FWs if they decided to cut. It takes a long time to put on some reasonable muscle mass

I actually am though. I'm 7 foot tall and have an Ngannou-torso.
Would post a pic but I don't wanna...

My body type is kind of like a cross between Yoel Romero and Mathew Perry

There's been so much hate in this forum towards the smaller weight classes it's ridiculous. I know the average beer guzzling keyboard warrior may weigh 200+ lbs and think they are a heavyweight but let's remember that in fight shape most of you would probably be in the "manlet" divisions too.

And before someone inevitably calls me a manlet I'm about the same height/build as Benson Henderson.
Well... yeah, TS. Most sherdoggers calling people manlets are probably just a bunch of sloppy dough boys. But so what???

Everyone here is

6' 4"

and 250 pounds,
RIPPED

Sherdoggers would die cutting weight

There's no way I could cut to 265...and I'm 4'11".

People don't like smaller fighters in general fighting. People like to see fight ending power.

And Todd Duffee could beat up 3 flyweights at the same thing.

Isn't the average American woman around 200 lbs ?

I doubt the average American woman could beat anyone from the lighter classes.

I'm like 6' 175, I'd realistically probably have to cut to 155

What a weird thread. But you're right in my case. I could cut to lhw if I gave up beer.

I'm 6'2" 180 lbs, and never called manlet to any fighter, making fun of someone else's height is a sign of low self-confidence

Last edited:
Lol at people who tell others they are the same height and build as an MMA fighter.

Great thread, won't read again.

Most average size guys would realistically be a lw or maybe ww if they were in shape and cut weight

Very true. I see a lot of people who had a reputation for being a "big" guy and after losing weight they are just a thin dude like me. A real heavyweight is a HUGE guy. I once saw Lennox Lewis in person and he looked like he was from a different movie. Much, much bigger than anybody else in the room.

Lol at people who tell others they are the same height and build as an MMA fighter.

Great thread, won't read again.
Just being honest before someone called me out for being small. Idk why it would be hard to believe. I'm an active athlete and it's not like Bendo is a giant.

How about this: none of us cut weight and fight like the Last Emperor, comfortable in our own skin. This cutting to "gain an advantage" is for wimps. I watched the JRE / Jon Jones podcast and lost whatever respect I had left for Jon Jones. Aside from "waiting for God to bless him with a boy" (because girls are worthless) and "My hit and run could have been worse if the baby died... I would have been in real trouble then," it is the fact that he walks around at 230 but would only fight a heavyweight title fight if the "right opponent" were champion. If you cut to duck, you lose any possible consideration for GOAT (St. Pierre, you listening?). A TRUE martial artist would train to overcome any physical or skill disadvantage he may face. I know this will rile up the fanboys but to the true fighters, in the real world, you don't get to weigh in or warm up before a fight. The reason the heavyweights will always have my utmost respect is because their fights are the closest to a true Man to Man / Real World contest.

Back