Did Chris Weidman peek?

Boyscout5000

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
After the first Silva fight I kept hearing how Weidman started late and was so natural and now he lost so many in a row. Do you after the two Silva wins that he just stopped training and peeked?

He talked shit about so many fighters being on roids

Then USADA came by and he looked smaller and started losing

DAM....

Usada and he beat old brazilians

Why would he stop training?

Romero and Rockhold are just better than him.

After the first Silva fight I kept hearing how Weidman started late and was so natural and now he lost so many in a row. Do you after the two Silva wins that he just stopped training and peeked?

rs-171121-93741533.jpg

I think injuries and USADA have ended his peak

I said before the Yoel fight he will never be the guy he was from 2012-14 and it seems true. Physically hes clearly not the same guy.

he beat a bunch of deflated Brazilians

I don't think he has peeked anywhere.

He peeked at Anderson's package when they were standing next to each other at adjoining urinals. Anderson caught his gaze, approved, and then decided to make his own move at the weigh ins for their first fight.

methodgetrs80q75x62y5w661h461ro0schris-weidman-anderson-silva-07-05-13-23-13-30-429.jpg

He shrunk and couldn't impose his will anymore

Kinda similar to shogun, weidman should be in his prime but his many surgeries and rehabs have left him less mobile alot like shogun after his great run.
The i.v. ban didn't help him and he was one fighter I always figured was clean but nowadays I'm not so sure.

He lost on a single shot. What the hell are you guys going on about? Peaked?

You act like he wasn't competitive in either loss. Anyone in that division can lose.

Also, the idea that Weidman was on some obvious roid cycle is ridiculous. Whether or not he has or does take steroids, nothing in his physique indicates some grand conspiracy.

The idea fighters are done once they hit turbulence in their careers has been disproven, over, and over, and over again.

He's been always overrated to me. Got too lucky against Anderson Silva; the only good win is Machida, who looked deflated in that fight and well, I'd say Chris was supposedly at his "peak" in that fight. To me he was on something that night. He never looked as energetic and powerful in his next fights.

Back