Am I crazy if I think Elliot is more skilled fighter than MM

Officer_Brown

The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face.
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not saying Elliot should have won that fight. MM won because of the top control he held while in sidecontrol and half guard. Elliot lost the great positions because he went for the subs and MM is very good defending the subs. Had Elliot held the top position and not risk with sub attempts plus land some elbows he would have won the fight. Gas tank = not skill. Unlikely Elliot has not blessed with good gas tank.
-He outstruck MM and knocked him down. Elliot landed more strikes while MM was in his guard
-He took MM down multiple times. MM got the top position when he simply passed the guard
-Elliot won majority of the scrambles

Respectfully disagree. IMO DJ has more to his game but he played it very conservatively

Respectfully disagree. IMO DJ has more to his game but he played it very conservatively

Yeah he came out looking for the quick finish and lost the round because of it, did a good job of making adjustments in the next couple of rounds though and ultimately put on a pretty solid performance.

He's not more skilled. If a man can blanket you and change positions for the better part of four rounds you are not as good.

Tim's got great really wacko flurries and tries very hard. I'd love to see him against other guys in the division as I think he can beat some people. Work on his TDD and he could get another shot at the belt

That's a tough narrative to push, bro. He didn't win the majority of the scrambles, that's why DJ spend 3/4 of the fight in side control.

maybe not crazy.. but a little stupid

MM's patience and athleticism won him the fight not skill. Don't get me wrong I had MM 4-1 or 3-2.

It has nothing to do with craziness, and everything to do with ignorance. Sorry, you asked. MM is on another level.

MM had no answer for Elliot on the feet, To bad Elliot can't defend takedowns..

No, DJ was attempting for subs as well but Elliott is very good at scrambling. He did not win every scramble, otherwise he'd be in more favorable positions other than his guard or side control. DJ also got more TDs and controlled the distance very well.

I don't think defending chokes and armbars for 20 minutes qualifies as winning scrambles.

Because Mighty Mouse didn't go for multiple kimuras, armbars, rear naked chokes, and guillotines, too. That absolutely did not happen, ever. He literally did nothing but lie on top of Elliot. Nothing else whatsoever. Zero.

Yeah you're absolutely nuts.
It was MM's superior skill and speed that gave him the win.
The only thing Elliot had over MM was size and strength.

Not gonna waste your time on this one, @Lucifer Alpha ? :p
Hey Homeless. I want to see if I'm not the only one. But did you notice flashes of Cruz here and there in Elliot's style last night? Not just foot work but even the body shifting to changing position or even he's reactive takedowns. I felt like Elliot has incorporated some Cruz to his funk. Did you notice at all?
That's why I didn't really think, the thread that was speculating this fight between MM vs. Elliot showed him that MM still wouldn't beat Cruz, was too far off base.

id say your crazy. MM used his superior fight IQ and skill set to win last night he also looked to have gave up quite the size advantage

DJ fought like a pussy. Similar to DC vs Anderson. If they would have stood on their feet more Elliot would have done some damage. His striking was too unpredictable for DJ. TS is not crazy.

Back