Your Top 5 P4P Fighters Of All Time

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
Now, I know that most of you hate P4P lists and think they're stupid because, unless the #1 guy is a HW/LHW, they'd get easily beaten by guys that are way bigger than them, case in point, MM and Aldo being #1 P4P at one point in time. But still, I wanted to see what you guys' lists would look like; Who do you think are the best 5 fighters to ever grace the sport?

My list looks like this:

1. GSP: The reason I have him as number one is not only because of his accomplishments, but because he rarely looked vulnerable in there. Not to mention that his skill set was great for the sport, he really could do it all.

2. Fedor Emelianenko: Same as GSP, really wide skill set and remained as the most dominant HW for a long, long time. And that's huge because, at that weight, all it takes is one overhand right and you're out.

3. Mighty Mouse: Probably the guy that has looked the least vulnerable in his career as a FLW and has no glaring weaknesses. Provided he continues being as dominant as he currently is, he could end up becoming the #1 in my list.

4. Dominick Cruz: Few guys can do what he does the way he does it. Dodging shots whilst pressing forward and landing strikes is probably the hardest thing to do in any combat sport let alone MMA, where you have a ton of stuff to worry about including takedowns. While he hasn't exactly looked unbeatable in the past - and that I think Cody will knock him out - he still has one of the greatest resumes under 155lbs.

5. Phillip Miller: He never lost and beat Shields, nuff said.

But for real, my #5 pick is Jon "Bones" Jones. Despite all the scandals and the fact that he does not know how to box, he has managed to impose his will time and time again. While his time as the top LHW probably won't be lasting much longer due to him fucking up over and over, he still managed to accomplish great things against great opponents.

Honorable mentions:

Anderson Silva: Went on one of the greatest runs ever and pulled off things that most fighters would only dream of, but was always plagued by the fact that he couldn't wrestle.

Jose Aldo: Few have been as dominant as him in their division. Great fighter all around.

Conor McGregor: For as much hate as he gets, he managed to accomplish amazing things in a relatively short time.

Anthony Pettis: Yeah, he probably shouldn't be here, but whatever. He's explosive everywhere and is (hopefully) going to beat Holloway

After last night?

1)Tim Elliott
2)Conor Mcgregor
3)Ryan Hall
4)Michael Perry
5)Demetrious Johnson

tumblr_lt6wpdp8S51qctwb3o1_500.gif

GSP
Silva
Fedor
Jones
Aldo

1. GSP
2. Fedor
3. Cruz
4. Aldo
5. Demousetrious

(if you dont care about failed drug tests)

1. GSP
2. Fedor
3. Jones
4. Silva
5. Cruz

OSP
A. Silva (Antonio)
Emelianenko (Alexsandar)
J. Jones (Justin)
Jose Aldo (Sr.)

1. Jones
2. GSP
3. Fedor
4. Demetrious Johnson
5. Anderson Silva

Non roids/PEDs:

Fedor
Aldo
Minotauro
Saku
Demetrious

Cruz
GSP
Fedor
DC
Conor

If you include the cheats

Jones
GsP
Silva
Fedor
DC

Anderson Silva
Randy Couture
GSP
BJ Penn
Conor McGregor

Wait, just so we're clear,

Top p4p right now, top p4p all time, and GOAT are 3 TOTALLY DIFFERENT CATEGORIES.

TS asked for the top p4p all time, which means simply the five best overall skillsets ever.
My picks would be

Johnson
Jones
Cruz
Aldo
GSP

I think everyone in this thread is answering the question according to wildly different criteria

Last edited:
Anthony Pettis is in your honorable mentions list, and Anderson Silva didn't make your top 5?

You should be lined up against a wall and shot with your own feces.

Real talk, that some blasphemous shit.

There is only 1 correct top 5 and it is this, in no specific order:

Georges St. Pierre
Anderson Silva
Jose Aldo
Fedor Emelianenko
Jon Jones

The likes of Nogueira and Henderson are knocking on that top 5 door, but they've both now retired. I think someone like Dominick Cruz could perhaps challenge for the 5 spot one day, but everyone else is pretty much out of reach.

What these guys have achieved is close to impossible to emulate.

Putting Pettis, McGregor and others in this league is just blasphemous.

Pride Fedor
Aldo
Bones Jones
GSP

DC (if he beats Rumble again) or Cruz for 5th

MM and AS get honorable mentions

i keep typing and deleting... it all depends on how you weigh things and I change my mind on that sometimes. Here is my list, and I base it on who has achieved the most incredible feats, rather than more technical criteria that some might prefer.

1) Fedor
2) McGregor
3) GSP
4) DJ
5) Cruz

THE REAL LIST AND ORDER
Gsp
Jones
Silva
Fedor
Aldo/Cormier ( their next fights will tell a lot)

Back