Joseph Benavidez should go down as a P4P great.

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People honestly need to wake up and smell the coffee with this one.

Joseph Benavidez has 29 professional MMA fights with only 4 losses. The 4 losses have come to 2 men, of which are both all-time greats and are in the top 10-15 fighters ever - Dominick Cruz and Demetrious Johnson.

Joey has been stopped once in 29 fights, and it was a flash KO at the hands of Johnson - just a perfectly timed, full power over-hand shot, can happen to anybody.

Other than the 2 men we mentioned, Benavidez is undefeated.

Much like Demetrious, Joey used to fight whilst being extremely undersized at 135lbs, and gave Dominick Cruz a serious run for his money on both occasions. Joey beat guys in their prime like Miguel Torres and Eddie Wineland, whilst at 135lbs which are both very credible wins at the time.

Since dropping down to Flyweight he's essentially beaten exactly who Johnson has beaten, alongside a few names which Johnson doesn't hold like Jussier Formiga, Zach Makovsky and Dustin Ortiz.

Joey is essentially the Faber of 125lbs, the bridesmaid but never the bride - but among the hardcores, we all know how great Joey B is, and he should be hanging around the 10-15 spot of any current P4P list.

Exciting, well rounded, dynamic, I really do pull for Joey - even though I haven't rewatched it, I even scored the first bout with Johnson for him 48-47 - I think that third fight is overdue at this stage.

I would also love to see Dodson and Joey throw down before it's all said and done, that could be a cracker!

WAR BENAVIDEZ, the unsung warrior of 125lb and 135lb divisions.

1480840197026.jpg

I'll fuck you till you love me :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: - Amanda Nunez.

Thought it was a great scrap last night and a very close decision. Found cejudo smarmy as fuck during the season of tuf but props to both men for last night

He is a P4P great.
Easily on a Top 15-20 of all time.

Not a fan of the TAM guys... :p
Shocker...I know. But despite the fact I thought he lost to Henry(or a draw I guess...), he's definitely one of the best to never win a title & very under appreciated. Only lost to two of the best ever.

A hell of a career Joe B. has had. He's made incredible strides in his skills because he started out as primarily a wrestler. Really good fight last night. The controversy was unfortunate.

Kicked it with him at a WSOF event. He's a cool dude

I thought Cejudo won the fight but it should have been a draw because of the point deduction

People honestly need to wake up and smell the coffee with this one.

Joseph Benavidez has 29 professional MMA fights with only 4 losses. The 4 losses have come to 2 men, of which are both all-time greats and are in the top 10-15 fighters ever - Dominick Cruz and Demetrious Johnson.

Joey has been stopped once in 29 fights, and it was a flash KO at the hands of Johnson - just a perfectly timed, full power over-hand shot, can happen to anybody.

Other than the 2 men we mentioned, Benavidez is undefeated.

Much like Demetrious, Joey used to fight whilst being extremely undersized at 135lbs, and gave Dominick Cruz a serious run for his money on both occasions. Joey beat guys in their prime like Miguel Torres and Eddie Wineland, whilst at 135lbs which are both very credible wins at the time.

Since dropping down to Flyweight he's essentially beaten exactly who Johnson has beaten, alongside a few names which Johnson doesn't hold like Jussier Formiga, Zach Makovsky and Dustin Ortiz.

Joey is essentially the Faber of 125lbs, the bridesmaid but never the bride - but among the hardcores, we all know how great Joey B is, and he should be hanging around the 10-15 spot of any current P4P list.

Exciting, well rounded, dynamic, I really do pull for Joey - even though I haven't rewatched it, I even scored the first bout with Johnson for him 48-47 - I think that third fight is overdue at this stage.

I would also love to see Dodson and Joey throw down before it's all said and done, that could be a cracker!

WAR BENAVIDEZ, the unsung warrior of 125lb and 135lb divisions.

1480840197026.jpg

Give us your list ... let's say top 15. Curios to see where u put him

unfortunatley he falls into the whole #2 guy who can beat everyone but he champ role except hes done it in 2 divisions now. like GSP/Fitch DC/Jones

Not really. No titles no greatness.

I think he's the greatest fighter to never win a world title. He had the bad luck to fight in the same division and at the same time as 2 all-time greats like DJ and Cruz.

There are a lot of world champion who I think are worse fighters than Joe B.

Strange timing for this thread considering he was just gifted a decision.

I've been saying this for a little while now. Joe B has probably the most underrated resume in mma. He's only lost to the 2 goat's in each of his divisions

Back