Is Hall beating Mousasi the worst thing to happen to his career ?

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know this seems ridiculous, but Hall is on a three fight losing streak, the last two coming by tko. His last win was September 2015 against Mousasi, before that fight Hall wasn't even ranked and had a 4-3 UFC record, and Mousasi was ranked number 6. Obviously that fight shot Hall up the rankings and meant getting matched up with better competition, but since then he's lost 3 straight, against Whittaker, Brunson and Mousasi.

Just seems like he would have been better off had he never beat Mousasi in the first place.

Halls mindset ruined his career. He was a fucking killer on TuF but ever since the finale he just seems uninterested

Your post isn't as stupid as it blatantly is. Moving up in the ranks is a catch 22. Like even Chuck Liddell could still be in the UFC if he fought at the bottom of the division, but once you break the top 10 you are going to start losing and get cut. So many amazing ranked fighters lose to the champ and one other guy and then get cut for no good reason. Tim Elliott is a great example of that.

I know this seems ridiculous, but Hall is on a three fight losing streak, the last two coming by tko. His last win was September 2015 against Mousasi, before that fight Hall wasn't even ranked and had a 4-3 UFC record, and Mousasi was ranked number 6. Obviously that fight shot Hall up the rankings and meant getting matched up with better competition, but since then he's lost 3 straight, against Whittaker, Brunson and Mousasi.

Just seems like he would have been better off had he never beat Mousasi in the first place.

Nah, he got paychecks he would've normally never gotten. He just cant deal with the pressure of fighting on a big stage

Hall was getting beat by the moose he knew it was lucky asf what he did. Winning is never a bad thing.

Nah, he got paychecks he would've normally never gotten. He just cant deal with the pressure of fighting on a big stage
Yeah but now he's in danger of getting cut, even though he's only lost to top 10 guys. If he had never beaten Mousasi he would probably be still unranked winning some fights and losing others against other unranked guys, occasionally starching somebody and getting a bonus maybe, but now his UFC career is in jeopardy.

He (Hall) should have been given the nod against Natal.

Whittaker won fair and square. He had Hall backpedaling the entire fight

Brunson, I guess the stoppage was kinda quick but he (Hall) was out for a second and if you're out that means you can properly defend yourself, so the stop was justified.

Moose is just a better fighter than him. He got lucky the first time timing the jumping, spinning back kick perfectly as Mousasi attempted a TD.

Your post isn't as stupid as it blatantly is. Moving up in the ranks is a catch 22. Like even Chuck Liddell could still be in the UFC if he fought at the bottom of the division, but once you break the top 10 you are going to start losing and get cut. So many amazing ranked fighters lose to the champ and one other guy and then get cut for no good reason. Tim Elliott is a great example of that.
I agree with this to some extent I don't know about Chuck still being in the UFC it's a bit of a stretch but yeah if he doesn't get concussed so many times he could still be around. He was winning the Rich Franklin fight and had broke Franklin's arm from a blocked kick if he had just been more patient he would have one that one.

Not really hall could be great if kept his composure and used that killer instinct he would prob be in the top 10 at least

No, it was the only reason people didn't completely give up on him. But now he's right back to where he was before the Mousasi win, being a guy who's skill is overrated and is consistently dissapointing. Sucks because I'm a fan.

You got me excited for you at one point, Hall. Well played.

Being lazy is the worst thing happening to his career

He got obliterated in first round...10-8 fashion and pulled off lightning in a bottle with flukish kick(the way gegard ducked flush into it) and got tko.Its the best thing that ever happened to him.He got ranked at #9 or #10 at mw after beating one of the best 185ers on the planet.
I dont see him returning to top 10....his game is limited so again, how can anything bad come from that.

Back