30-26 Benavidez and 29-27 Cejudo?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What a joke Mma judging is. Didn't even watch the fight, didn't care who won, but saw the official scorecards and WTF? One judge had one fighter winning every single round while the other had it the exact opposite. Now suddenly one guy gets a title shot while the other is possibly a loss away from getting cut?

Couldn't care less about Cejudo, but when are these idiots gonna wake up to the fact that the boxing scoring system doesn't work well in mma?

Yea mma judging is pretty fucked. It was a fairly close fight could been 2-1 either way. I think 29-27 benevidez or 28-28 draw would've been fine.

Also the deducted point was kind of stupid, it was clearly accidental and I think he should've gotten 1 more warning

Overall judging, and yellow cards.

16356.jpg

And ground kicks.

Disunified Rules is doo doo.

What a joke Mma judging is. Didn't even watch the fight, didn't care who won, but saw the official scorecards and WTF? One judge had one fighter winning every single round while the other had it the exact opposite. Now suddenly one guy gets a title shot while the other is possibly a loss away from getting cut?

Couldn't care less about Cejudo, but when are these idiots gonna wake up to the fact that the boxing scoring system doesn't work well in mma?

Water is wet.

"Didnt watch the fight"

Then you have no grounds to bitch. The fight was very close

What a joke Mma judging is. Didn't even watch the fight, didn't care who won, but saw the official scorecards and WTF?

So you didn't watch the fight and you still critique the judging? How are you any better than those dumbass judges? Sounds like you could be one of them if the commission gave you a license.

Not to mention Moreno/Benoit going to a split. Haven't seen much talk about that one, but it blew me away!

Please at least lie and say you watched the fight

This is almost as bad as the bad score

"I didn't watch the fight but I read fight finder and I have BIG OPINIONS I must share about something I didn't see"

I think Cejudo won the first round pretty clearly, so I don't understand how a judge gave Joseph that round. With the penalty, it should be scored a 9-9.

But in theory I see nothing wrong with two judges giving dramatically different scores to a close fight in which every round is tightly contested - and that's the kind of fight Benavidez/Cejudo was last night.

I think Cejudo won the first round pretty clearly, so I don't understand how a judge gave Joseph that round. With the penalty, it should be scored a 9-9.

But in theory I see nothing wrong with two judges giving dramatically different scores to a close fight in which every round is tightly contested - and that's the kind of fight Benavidez/Cejudo was last night.
I agree with you but feel like your point is why the 10 point must system doesn't work with mma (too much to judge in too few rounds)

Yea it was close and those scores were retarded. There is legit no way you can score that fight 30-26.

They gotta get 5 judges or something.

Two of three judges being so far apart, that's insane. You can't be having that. A win and a loss is in MMA is huge.

I had it a draw. Thought Cejudo was more aggressive. When I heard the scores, I was like:

Back