MM and Silva's defense record.

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
When I heard Anik say MM is 1 win away from TIEING, not beating Silva's record, I was like, what!? It seems like MM defended he belt like 15x already. How many damn times did Silva defend his belt, my god.....

Am I the only one that's surprised and forgot how many times Silva's defended his belt? Damn, he really is among the GOATs, regardless of what people say about him fighting during an easier MW landscape. Freaking impressive stuff from Silva.

It's easy to forget how damn great Silva was, ever since his Weidman loss, and his recent stint, plus the time off from his greatness, but gotta put into perspective how great he was.

They both have had an easier division but they truly are GOAT's

Franklin Hendo Vitor Chael Marquardt Okami are all about the same level people MM has fought.
MM may have fought more well rounded people but Silva's division was much better at specialities and danger levels

When I heard Anik say MM is 1 win away from TIEING, not beating Silva's record, I was like, what!? It seems like MM defended he belt like 15x already. How many damn times did Silva defend his belt, my god.....

Am I the only one that's surprised and forgot how many times Silva's defended his belt? Damn, he really is among the GOATs, regardless of what people say about him fighting during an easier MW landscape. Freaking impressive stuff from Silva.

It's easy to forget how damn great Silva was, ever since his Weidman loss, and his recent stint, plus the time off from his greatness, but gotta put into perspective how great he was.
MM only has half of Silva's defenses. Each defense only counts for half when you're versing half humans.

When people talk about "easy" divisions, they forget how hard it is to defend the title. The MW division is deeper now but Michael fucking bisping knocked rockhold out to become champion..

So you got your answer: keeping a belt is hard

No I think people remember Anderson? He was defending his title and knocking out 205 pounders to save cards/just because he could. And to those who hate on Silva now, look at him similar to Roy Jones Jr. relied on reflexes too much to a degree. Also he knocked out the current middleweight champion even if he was for seemingly one of the very few exceptions saved by the bell. Really MM is great but if you already forgot about Silva you probably never followed him. *<{vega}>I

No I think people remember Anderson? He was defending his title and knocking out 205 pounders to save cards/just because he could. And to those who hate on Silva now, look at him similar to Roy Jones Jr. relied on reflexes too much to a degree. Also he knocked out the current middleweight champion even if he was for seemingly one of the very few exceptions saved by the bell. Really MM is great but if you already forgot about Silva you probably never followed him. *<{vega}>I

You know what I'm talking about dumbass. The people that downplay Silva's career, and call him overrated since losing to Weidman.

In a sense, he is overrated, because hes not THE GOAT, but hes A GOAT.

it's not really padded just not a lot of competition for him over the years.
He was finally tested last night.

Cruz bless

I'm hoping this is a hidden "Anderson was great thread" because nah man it's not easy to forgot how mystifying Andy was. It's the opposite and the reason anytime anyone shows some flair they try and make the silva comparison. <{cruzshake}>

Anderson should have 11 defenses. It's not his fault Lutter didn't make weight.

I've never understood why people thought MW was an easy division during that time.

At LHW Forrest became champ, and old Shogun became champ.

BJ was fighting guys like KenFlo, Diego, and Joe Daddy.

GSP was fighting guys like Hardy, Alves, Kos, and Fitch.

You know what I'm talking about dumbass. The people that downplay Silva's career, and call him overrated since losing to Weidman.

Maybe on a forum

Okay well your talking about trolls on the internet downplaying Silva, most people I interact with in real life still are nostalgic and miss those days. Sorry.

I'm hoping this is a hidden "Anderson was great thread" because nah man it's not easy to forgot how mystifying Andy was. It's the opposite and the reason anytime anyone shows some flair they try and make the silva comparison. <{cruzshake}>

Cruz pisses me off sometimes. He has that really snobby and douchey type of trash talk, and hype. On certain occasuons, when hes talking fighting, hes great, but when he trash talks his opponents, its so catty and rawr.

And he fought 3x and LHW
When people talk about "easy" divisions, they forget how hard it is to defend the title. The MW division is deeper now but Michael fucking bisping knocked rockhold out to become champion..

So you got your answer: keeping a belt is hard
also...Silva knocked out Bisping

Maybe on a forum

Okay well your talking about trolls on the internet downplaying Silva, most people I interact with in real life still are nostalgic and miss those days. Sorry.

I gotcha. Sorry for calling you a dumbass. That was a douche move on my part.

The top 4 MMA GOATS are Fedor, Siva, GSP, Jones...this is not debatable..the 5th is..is it MM, Cruz, Aldo??

This is why jon jones still pound for pound, the one.Mm is in a weight class(which isnt his fault) that top tier talent is just limited.Both gsp and anderson probably had 3-4 defenses each with fighters that were not true#1 contender status, just a product of what the division had to offer at the time.Jones cut through every, in their prime , 205 superstar and did it rather easily other than gus and a heavyweight in cormier(and won that comfortably).

The top 4 MMA GOATS are Fedor, Siva, GSP, Jones...this is not debatable..the 5th is..is it MM, Cruz, Aldo??

Aldo > Jones

Jones busted for steroids at age 28, and beat up a lot of old faded dudes and tiny lhw's he had ridiculous size advantages over. Against people his own size (Gus, OSP) he was not convincing.

Also, Big Nog should be part of this discussion too, he is greater than both MM and Cruz based on resume, which is the most important factor. Nog beat a laundry list of top hw's, and had title success in the 2 top organizations on the planet.

Cruz pisses me off sometimes. He has that really snobby and douchey type of trash talk, and hype. On certain occasuons, when hes talking fighting, hes great, but when he trash talks his opponents, its so catty and rawr.
Yeah not a big Cruz guy but he evolved with the sport and was ahead of his time in some aspects.. my fan favorite Faber didn't and lost his explosive ground and pound years ago which is really why he was so dominant in the WEC. Faber could do damage in the guard back then.

This is the problem all current ATGs in the sport have: people look at their accomplishments and will say they were fighting in a weak division, against one-dimensional fighters or that the sport has surpassed them. The reality is that Silva, GSP, Fedor, Johnson, Cruz, Aldo and Jones could and can only beat the people put in front of them.

Back