How much weight does height carry?

IntheZone

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
How much does a fighters height factor when it comes to the weight he ultimately fights at, i find that each divisions top 5 generally have a height range of around 4-5 inches. Unfortunately sherdog and the UFC are quite inconsistent with their official height for fighters at least where McGregor and Alvarez are concerned with sherdog listing McGregor at 5'8 and Eddie at 5'10 respectively, and the UFC placing both fighters at 5'9, i clearly recall thinking how much bigger Mcgregor looked compared to Alvarez especially in height when they fought....

Height and weight are not all

Body type, body fat, muscle distribution play an huge role

Also many division-big fighters need a particular built to stay in the limits

See Conor's torso, Jones legs or Bigfoot muscle mass to do some examples

Last edited:
A fighter that is 2 inches taller will not necessarily weigh more, but height definitely adds weight.

Conor is definitely 1 or 2 inches taller than Eddie.

I knew this shit was going to come in handy someday:

Length x Width x Height = Volume

Therefore:

Height = Volume / (Length x Width)

How much wood does a woodchuck fook?

And yeah TS I agree with you on the overinflated heights they put on the fighters profiles. I've stood next to some fighters who were listed at 6' and we were the same height as me. I'm a 5'8" midget for fooks sake.

I knew this shit was going to come in handy someday:

Length x Width x Height = Volume

Therefore:

Height = Volume / (Length x Width)

But mass = Force / acceleration.

So...

take height and weight
divide by eight
add a four
now ur sure

But mass = Force / acceleration.

So...
I respectfully disagree with your hypothesis.

Mass =

post-top-default.jpg

As much as the UFC tells you

wOsQBej.jpg

It's not height it's body type are you endomorph, ectomorph or mesmorph taller men like Jon Jones are ecto tall with lean frames endo's tend to be very heavyset ala Big Country, mesmo's are densely framed and muscled ala Tyron Woodley

Back