I judge cards by how many times they get me up and pacing and yelling at the screen..

Reason

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
and tonight delivered!

Benavidez vs Cejudo was a WAR with a big chuckoncoke.gif moment in the first.

Cannonier and The Hulk beat the shit out of each other and included a great "oooohhh shiiit" moment when Cannonier went all Friday the 13th and walked him down while blocking with his face.

And when Tim had that choke and dropped MM in the first my blood pressure went through the roof!!! All of a sudden I was on his side and rooting for him to get the tap!

Was not disappointed.

Ps. That holloway vs Pettis promo got me amped for next week too...

Edit: I forgot to add the Ellenberger/Masvidal fight!! Great work in the beginning by Herb to realise Ellenberger was ok to continue, then screwed the pooch by stopping it when he should have called a time out! Justlethimbangbro!

Last edited:
I was happy with the fights tonight. Fuck the haters

Whatever helps you sleep at night and for me, it was most of this card.

why didnt you mention the ellenberger toe hold by the cage.

why didnt you mention the ellenberger toe hold by the cage.

Good point. Fail on my part, that was a one in a million and I can't believe they didn't let it continue; even if Ellenberger was getting owned..

Fights were all amazing. Even the Ellenberger thing was awesome while it lasted, and it will be a finish that we will talk about for years to come. Cannonier was fucking terrifying when he was just walking through punches. Benevidez vs Cejudo was entertaining although it was controversial. Main event was really exciting. This was a great card. All this card was missing was Gastellum missing weight.

Good point. Fail on my part, that was a one in a million and I can't believe they didn't let it continue; even if Ellenberger was getting owned..
I think it should have been stopped and than restarted like in pride when you fall over the ropes.

Fights were all amazing. Even the Ellenberger thing was awesome while it lasted, and it will be a finish that we will talk about for years to come. Cannonier was fucking terrifying when he was just walking through punches. Benevidez vs Cejudo was entertaining although it was controversial. Main event was really exciting. This was a great card. All this card was missing was Gastellum missing weight.
I wonder if they'll think about modifying the bottom of the chai link to defend against it in the future. I know they changed the way they stretch the mat after jones ripped his toe off in the Sonnen fight.

I think it should have been stopped and than restarted like in pride when you fall over the ropes.
I'm pretty sure that's what Herb Dean was planning, and then he was told "nope, you stopped it, it's over." Shitty.

why did he ask for permission.
It seemed like he didn't know the rules. You could hear him saying something like "his foot got stuck, that is an equipment issue right?" I don't think we could hear the answer, but it must have been "no."

Oh yeah, tonight was fun.

Don't forget Assassin Baby and Ryan Benoit going at it. That was a good one too.

It seemed like he didn't know the rules. You could hear him saying something like "his foot got stuck, that is an equipment issue right?" I don't think we could hear the answer, but it must have been "no."
I think the issue is that he stopped it instead of calling a time out.. you can't go back from that anymore.

I wonder if they'll think about modifying the bottom of the chai link to defend against it in the future. I know they changed the way they stretch the mat after jones ripped his toe off in the Sonnen fight.
I'm sure at the very least, they will try something different at least once. Also, god damn you for bringing up Jones toe and putting that image in my head.
<{boneytears}>

Back