Woodley @ LHW

williams1885

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Woodley said he could go up to 205 and beat somebody with similar record to Nate Diaz. Shogun is the first name that came to mind. I think Woodley would get wrecked at LHW. What do you guys think

Anyone would wreck Shogun.

#conorbless

Woodley vs Gustaffson

Maybe if he fought a MW that was around 20-10, and fought that middle weight at 205.

It's not the same. McGregor fighting Diaz at WW would be the equivalent to Woodley fighting Brunson at LHW

Conor went up an fought a lightweight at 170....it's the equivalent of woodley fighting Mousasi/bisping at 205

It's all about dem matchups, Woodley would have a good chance against Kennedy, for example, at 205.

He would Gerald Harris the shit out of the LHW division.

gerald-harris.png

I'm not a fan of Woodley and I think he should just concentrate on the Wonderboy rematch.

It's all about dem matchups, Woodley would have a good chance against Kennedy, for example, at 205.

Oh Sherdog.

Genuinely curious, what makes you think that Woodley matches up well against Kennedy?

Bear in mind that in the last 10 years of so, Kennedy has only lost to Jacare, Rockhold, and Romero, pretty much the top 3 fighters in the UFC at MW. He has only been finished once, in a competitive fight with Yoel. Kennedy is no scrub. He hasn't fought in a while, but he is a legit top 10 MW. I don't think anything in those fights points to Woodley being able to do well against Kennedy. He certainly can't replicate what makes those 3 extremely difficult opponents.

Woodley is elite and powerful, but Kennedy is almost certainly stronger, with a significant advantage in reach, height and weight. Woodley does have a hammer in his right hand, but where do you see him winning this fight?

He can try to fight Johnny Hendricks again at 205 this time.
IMG_1114.jpg

Back