Def one of MM's best, most entertaining performances to date!

Tony Ferguson

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Tim gave DJ a better fight than anyone expected, size alone is why I had a feeling this would actually be a good fight

DJ's last few fights haven't been as boring as usual, I've seen some people talk about how "he just held Elliott down" "omg he's so boring I'm never watching again" etc etc and all I have to say is ..........

<{clintugh}> if all those scrambles and transitions and submission attempts were not absolutely BEAUTIFUL to you... then good, stop watching lol

Props to Mighty Mouse for handling his adversity as well as he did -- he stayed calm, to take over and successfully defend his strap for the ninth time (which is damn near impossible in today's UFC) so give the man his respect // credit where it's due !

Finally, an informed MMA fan. He was fantastic on the ground, his shoots were crisp and took down a grappler with ease. He tried multiple times to win by sub mission but Elliot was very crafty and escaped them.

Dammit Lineker, make weight and make sure this little guy doesnt beat Andersons record.

2nd best fight of his title reign besides Dodson 1.

He faught like a true point fighter.

Elliot fell in love with the guillotine and allowed mighty mouse to shoot repeatedly I'm not saying he would have stuffed every takedown but he's partly to blame for dj having 20+min of top control

He was stalling, he didn't ever have TE in danger and didn't go for any serious GnP or Submissions. He should be kept as far as away from the P4P list as he is from ever headlining a PPV again

It was a tough fight. Tim was game with absolutely nothing to lose. I thought MM made some great adjustments and was seeking the finish on the ground.

"thank you, your 15 cents have been deposited in your account"
-Dana

he did a good job of "neutralizing" after round 1

in his own words.

he did a good job of halfway going for submission attempts to not be stood up, since the few times he actually went hard for it, elliott escaped from bottom

I didnt watch it. Those little guys are like kids fighting. Cant really hurt one another and dont pay for mistakes. Like a video game. I'm sure it was boring as hell.

I feel like Tim never believed he could win until he had that guillotine. If he came in with more self belief.....ah fuck it, who am I kidding, DJ is just too good at this stage.

Benavidez might give him a better run next time, but I see him taking andersons record. Hopefully he moves up to take on the 135 champ afterwards.

- Fights a TUF who's last three UFC fights were losses

- His opponent clearly not taking the fight seriously yet still manages to land a bunch of strikes on MM and give him trouble on the feet. Even rocking MM.

- Spends the rest of the fight laying on his opponent and failing submission attempts.

To call that one of his best performances is just wrong. This fight shouldn't have even been made, the guy is now 2-7 in the UFC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back