MM was impressive, Elliott not so much

regmma123

Black Belt
Reaction score
Elliott is 5' 7", Dj is 5' 3"

Elliott gassed after the first round. DJ out classed him on the ground for 4 straight rounds and went for many submissions

Elliott showed great submission defense, terrible cardio

dj didn't outclass him on the ground he did barely any damage and was neutralized in a stalemate position 90% of the time

One guy was 8-time world champion and the other guy won TUF.

MM should be embarrassed of his performance.
I apologise for saying this.

Wow a whole 4 inches

props to Demetrious for beating these giants

7.jpg

dj didn't outclass him on the ground he did barely any damage and was neutralized in a stalemate position 90% of the time

He held a bigger stronger man down and it wasn't a stalemate dj had superior postion mostly being in side mount when elliot tries to escape he slapped a rear naked choke to drag him back down then the few times elliot retained guard dj passed it effortlessly he didn't do much damage but he definetly dominated the grappling

MM survived those first round submission attempts that Elliott clearly gassed himself for the rest of the fight on

I enjoyed the fight, but I fully expected some not to on Sherdog. I think that's fine.

One guy was 8-time world champion and the other guy won TUF.
Elliott is not a nobody, and it's not MM fault they can't find opponents who can compete on his level. Elliott was the best they could find and DJ out classed him

Back