Fedor and Anderson finished outmatched opponents when they were in turouble, not decisioned them

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
At the top of their games theyre EASILY the best finishers among the GOAT candidates..........Demetrious, Cruz, Bones, GSP, Aldo arent on their level as finishers when u apply CONTEXT

Demetrious soundly lost the entire 1st to Elliot, dropped, nearly finished with sub. First 3 hounds VERY competitive, decision.

Bones VS outmatched Gus, wins a highly controversial FOTY candidate

Aldo VS Hominick despite the weight cut/being sick had turouble late against outmatched opponent, arguably 10-8. BAD finish

GSP VS Serra........in turouble and folds/taps to sturikes in the 1st!!! Got setup by body jabs and dropped multiple times...MOUNTED and FINISHED

Fedor VS Fujita

Fedor-Fujita-1.gif

MOMENTS LATER........

Fedor-Fujita-3.gif

fedor17.jpg

Fedor VS Handleman

20+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Kevin+Randleman_xvid.gif

ONE MINUTE LATER............

9vuQeaf.gif

hHJzu8Q.gif

Anderson VS Lutter

Lutter%2005_zpshi0atkif.gif

LutterGIF_zps64b8e98c.gif

Jones did finish Sonnen while his toe was about to fall off...

dj may tie andersons record... but in terms of striking he's not even close to prime silva's
level

Another sherdog fan boi circle jerk in here. Woo hoo.

Insidejoke.popmeme

Some guys really like to cling on to fedor but the sport has evolved since then and fighters are a he'll of a lot more well rounded now which leads to less finishes.

Dominating a fight is just as impressive as finishing someone in certain contexts

While I agree, I will say that as a Fedor and Anderson fan I have no problem with MM defending his belt 20 more times, cause at the end of the day it's 125 lbs ffs.

Anderson and Fedor could actually at their peak be considered the very best fighters on the planet because you could envision them beating anyone. MM is great, but who cares when every male on the UFC roster from FW and up, crushes him with ease.

Some guys really like to cling on to fedor but the sport has evolved since then and fighters are a he'll of a lot more well rounded now which leads to less finishes.

Dominating a fight is just as impressive as finishing someone in certain contexts

Elliot has been finished multiple times and hes not more well hounded than most the guys Fedor beat.

Hes a mediocre fighter and not well hounded, just has a weird style. His sturiking is shit

Hell last time he fought a top flyweight

giphy.gif

jones never really been in trouble except when vitor popped his elbow, and then jones finished him by getting vitors arm right back

gus landed punches but never rocked jones

dj may tie andersons record... but in terms of striking he's not even close to prime silva's
level

True, but hes a superior allaround fighter to Anderson. Purime Anderson is not even close to Demetrious ITO wrestling or overall gurappling.

I still think fedor is the greatest of all time in terms of his era but the goat rhetoric to me Is just personal likes.

If you like fedor and think he is the GOAT, then that is all that should matter. I think trying to convince minds IMO is an ego thing on sherdog.

True, but hes a superior allaround fighter to Anderson. Purime Anderson is not even close to Demetrious ITO wrestling or overall gurappling.
this. it took anderson close to an entire fight to figure out chael and beat him with grappling. mighty mouse dominated tim elliot from rd 2 on in the area that he was first threatened by him

Fedor always looked to finish and for that we salute him.

Anderson 8 losses

Jones 0 losses

GSP 2 losses both avenged

Aldo 2 losses

Cruz 1 loss avenged

MM 2 losses

Last edited:
Fedor could do things i never seen being replicated in fighting , and im biased for it , and i know what most elite fighters from his era said about him , yet i still think that p4p list is bullshit.
We have had several GOAT´s ... and instead of discrediting this or that over this or that, we as young fighters or as fans, should only cherish them for what they were and still are.
In one way or the other , they are all GOAT´s.

Back