Sara McMann

Kyler Ruxin

Immunized
@Silver
Reaction score
If she can ever figure out how to land her punches, she is going to knock chicks out left and right. She's built like a brick shit house and throws like Rocky Balboa. She just lands almost zero punches that she throws. Hopefully she can figure that out, would be nice to see a one punch KO artist in the women's division.

She hits like a women. A great performance. It was nice to see her do what she did.

She didn't start training striking until she was in her 30's, probably gonna be a crutch for the rest of her career. She's 36 and her striking looks the same as it did in her debut 5 years ago. Sucks she hasn't been able to get a hang of it.

I see holes in her game not potential but it is wmma.

She has it all, and should be way better than she is, but she just can't put it together. I don't think she's comfortable in blending everything together yet.

Its like she's one track minded in everything. Wrestling, full wrestling mode. Striking, full striking mode.

She's just not a clever fighter, and doesn't have a slickness about her. She's too straightforward. Like in the clinch, instead of grapple, strike, fake a TD, strike, etc. It's just clinch, grapple, and go for a TD, while not nixing in anything else. Same with all other departments. She doesnt fake a shot, then strike, or strike, then change levels for a TD.

Its just 100% TD attempt, 100% striking. She's just not clever or slick like a GSP. And she's also athletic enough to be toying with opponents. Also her movement is so stiff. Shes like a really athletic Bethe Corriea.

She should seriosuly be the DC or GSP of the women's division.

She didn't start training striking until she was in her 30's, probably gonna be a crutch for the rest of her career. She's 36 and her striking looks the same as it did in her debut 5 years ago. Sucks she hasn't been able to get a hang of it.
I see holes in her game not potential but it is wmma.

Yea I don't expect her to ever be a great striker or anything. I just think with her power, if she could go from landing basically no punches in a fight, to just landing a few, she could put some women out.

Her striking looked better IMO

She has it all, and should be way better than she is, but she just can't put it together. I don't think she's comfortable in blending everything together yet.

Its like she's one track minded in everything. Wrestling, full wrestling mode. Striking, full striking mode.

She's just not a clever fighter, and doesn't have a slickness about her. She's too straightforward. Like in the clinch, instead of grapple, strike, fake a TD, strike, etc. It's just clinch, grapple, and go for a TD, while not nixing in anything else. Same with all other departments. She doesnt fake a shot, then strike, or strike, then change levels for a TD.

Its just 100% TD attempt, 100% striking. She's just not clever or slick like a GSP. And she's also athletic enough to be toying with opponents. Also her movement is so stiff. Shes like a really athletic Bethe Corriea.

She didn't start training striking until 30 years old, cut her a bit of slack.

.... looks like she's on the juice?

Either way decent performance. She didn't look great in the first round when she ate 30 elbows, though

All respect to her and her athleticism and wrestling skill. But she seems almost too nice for fighting, it's like she crumbles when it gets really messy and rough. Good win tonight though, I just don't think she'll be champion material.

Man I wrote an opinion on her almost exactly to the tee some time ago.

While I'm happy for her getting the win, I think her fight IQ is what will prevent her from making waves in the division.

love Sara. she's my favorite "i wish she could put it all together" fighter

Last edited:
Sara basically sucks cause she just can't take a punch to the face. Davis is supposed to be a black belt in JJ yet she didn't even know how to finish Sara off when she clearly had her in a triangle choke but didn't put Sara's arm across her body and pull her head down to get the tap. Then in the second round Davis couldn't even tell Sara was setting her up for an arm triangle choke. WMMA is just pathetic and this fight was just a circus of mistakes.

Back