FeloniousMonk

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What's with all the threads?
Never seen a boring fight before?
{<jimmies}{<jimmies}

RaJkp48.gif

Hehehe, i actually enjoyed that fight, i like Hall. unlike most haters out there i'm interested in the art of winning.

Maynard wouldn't engage so Hall won, but there was always the possibility that Hall would catch him in a submission, it's exciting to me.

Last edited:
Not one who did that.
If there's a record for ending up on the ground for any reason in the UFC, Hall just beat it and set a new record that'll never be beaten unless someone is stupid enough to give him a 5 round fight.

Give him McGreggor and it will end MMA in 25 minutes

I loved that fight, real interesting long striking style with strict 5050 sub game, Maynard needed to fake into an overhand and didn't come close

Looking forward to Ryan Halls next one

The responses to Ryan Hal's performance remind of when the Gracies first came along, and no one had the ability to stop them from using their BJJ effectively, so they wanted a do over, where you had to remain standing, and strike with them.

It's like going back in time. I can see a future where grappling is pretty much removed from MMA. These comments are basically the same complaint leveled by people who didn't understand grappling in 1993. of course, if that happens, then MMA just becomes shitty kickboxing.

Not one who did that.
If there's a record for ending up on the ground for any reason in the UFC, Hall just beat it and set a new record that'll never be beaten unless someone is stupid enough to give him a 5 round fight.

No reason? It was a defensive move. Maynard was clearly paralyzed every time he did that.

The responses to Ryan Hal's performance remind of when the Gracies first came along, and no one had the ability to stop them from using their BJJ effectively, so they wanted a do over, where you had to remain standing, and strike with them.

It's like going back in time. I can see a future where grappling is pretty much removed from MMA. These comments are basically the same complaint leveled by people who didn't understand grappling in 1993. of course, if that happens, then MMA just becomes shitty kickboxing.
I mean, I'd like to believe that if
someone's bjj is effective, then
they'd be submitting their opponents,
or at the VERY least, controlling them.

Either way, Maynard actually has
great defensive bjj. I think he's
only ever been caught by nate.

Back