Hall = Bobby Fischer of MMA

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
VERY frustrating for JUST BLEED fans, but entertaining for hardcore BJJ guys.

lol

Nothing a few soccer kicks and stomps couldn't fix.

This convinced me that soccer kicks MUST be permitted, and encouraged

I love good BJJ matches and I hated watching him fight. Reminds me of a Gracie fighting someone with good striking, flopping more than a fish out of water.

Who's Bobby Fischer again

Is this him

Bobby-Boucher.jpg

Probably the worst comparison I ever heard in my life. Don't think it gets more nonsensical; might as well have called him the Max Biaggi of MMA.

Evidently his boxing sucks.

He's got some TKD and BJJ.

Get into punching range and he flops.

he is going to forever be a prelim fighter with that style

I was going to start a similar thread. Hall had an answer for everything Maynard did. It was a great performance. He was 100% better than he was in his last fight. He worked on the holes that he knew Maynard could exploit. I expect him to work on other aspects of his game as it suits his match ups.

I don't think you can correlate exciting BJJ with a guy who just flopped on the ground every time he got in punching range. Certainly a stretch, even for the most hardcore BJJ fans.

Hall deserved that win, but it was ugly. Stupid fight imo. I need to get more hardcore into BJJ apparently.

How does that fight make him like Bobby Fischer?

Was he spouting anti-semitic remarks at Maynard?

why is bobby fischer frustrating for just bleed fans? he had an aggressive, precise style - you didnt pick right - maybe just bleed fans dont like chess, but if just bleed fans liked chess, they would like bobby fischer

This convinced me that soccer kicks MUST be permitted, and encouraged
Yes, one guy in thousands uses this technique, so lets use it to bring in soccer kicks. Makes sense.

BTW - not against soccer kicks, but there are more apparent reasons to bring them to rules.

Back