Alternative idea to interim titles

johncola

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Instead of creating interim titles, any new titles created should be for the full world title. Instead, inactive champions should be demoted to something like "honorary champion".

So for example, instead of Aldo/Edgar 2 at UFC 200 being for an interim title, they could have made if for the full world title, and could have just demoted Conor to honorary champ until he returned to the division.

Another example, instead of stripping Conor, promoting Aldo, and making Holloway/Pettis for the interim title, they should have just made both Conor and Aldo honorary champions until they decide to return. And obviously, make Holloway/Pettis for the full world title.

Same thing with Jon Jones. He should still be honorary champion, ever since his 2015 hiatus.

They could have even kept Dominick Cruz as honorary champion during his 3-year layoff. They didn't have to strip him.

Do you work for the WBA?
I have a better alternative, no interim titles.
If the title holder is out or pissing about fighting at another weight for a bit then there are no title fights or the belt holder gets stripped.

You could say "getting rid of interim belt" with much smaller wall of text

lots of people are just going to write you off immediately without reading

but i gave you the benefit of the doubt and

its a terrible

sorry

lots of people are just going to write you off immediately without reading

but i gave you the benefit of the doubt and

its a terrible

sorry
It isn't. But you should already know that I think that. Why would I make the thread if I think it's terrible?

You see how it would have been a good idea to just explain the terribleness?

It's not as deep as you think it is
How deep do I think it is?

The only evidence you have to answer that question is that I think it's deeper than "getting rid of interim belt", which it is.

Let's do a test, yeah? I'll make the thread that you suggested. Let's see how many people catch on that I'm suggesting the creation of "honorary champions". I'm betting 0.

I'm gonna stop wasting my time with people so stupid. Now's the perfect opportunity for you to just admit you're an idiot. Look at this as an opportunity to improve yourself (I'm patronizing you)

How deep do I think it is?

The only evidence you have to answer that question is that I think it's deeper than "getting rid of interim belt", which it is.

Let's do a test, yeah? I'll make the thread that you suggested. Let's see how many people catch on that I'm suggesting the creation of "honorary champions". I'm betting 0.

I'm gonna stop wasting my time with people so stupid. Now's the perfect opportunity for you to just admit you're an idiot. Look at this as an opportunity to improve yourself (I'm patronizing you)
@phunky

boom

So when they don't come back they are honorary champions forever? Part of why it's not a good idea....

Even when you can defend your belt like Conor? Get the fook out.

So when they don't come back they are honorary champions forever? Part of why it's not a good idea....
No, of course not. If it's clear a fighter is never fighting in a division ever again, or has fallen off as a fighter tremendously, or whatever other valid reason, then they'd still be stripped.

Conor doesn't meet the criteria. He's been champ for less than a year, is an active fighter, and most importantly, he intends to fight at featherweight in the future.

If he comes back and fights in a featherweight title fight next year, it'll be silly for him to not be defending champion.

Every division should have a million dollar belt that makes them the title challenger and that belt gives you the title shot or interm status

No, of course not. If it's clear a fighter is never fighting in a division ever again, or has fallen off as a fighter tremendously, or whatever other valid reason, then they'd still be stripped.

Conor doesn't meet the criteria. He's been champ for less than a year, is an active fighter, and most importantly, he intends to fight at featherweight in the future.

If he comes back and fights in a featherweight title fight next year, it'll be silly for him to not be defending champion.
Yes it was silly of him to treat his belt like a joke, and dick around for a year, and then announce a six month layoff.

If he ever wanted to fight at FW again (very doubtful) he can work his way back up.

Yes it was silly of him to treat his belt like a joke, and dick around for a year, and then announce a six month layoff.

If he ever wanted to fight at FW again (very doubtful) he can work his way back up.
Just a Conor hater. But it's irrelevant, because what you're saying wouldn't happen. Conor isn't working his way back up. If he fights at FW again, it'll be a title fight.

Every division should have a million dollar belt that makes them the title challenger and that belt gives you the title shot or interm status
Nope, but what I said should actually happen.

Unless there's a problem with my idea. Approaching 20 replies in this thread now, and none have been presented.

Unlike Jones and Cruz Conor has been active he just didn't defend his belt which is the problem.
You're saying the same shit commonly seen plastered around these forums. And I'm not sure of its relevance to my idea.

If you don't defend your title for a year, for any reason, you lose your title and must take one tune up fight before challenging for the title again.

Back