What's gonna happen to the division if DJ wins tonight?

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
I think the new owners will get rid of flyweight and merge it with bantamweight. And DJ will have immediate titleshot at bantamweight. There is nobody left.

you cant merge a weight class into another one.

Doubt it new fighters from TUF might keep it going for a while and give some new contenders
He will have to fight the winner of Benavidez/Cejudo which isn't doing anything for him anyways
Says he wants to be Andersons title defense record before moving up but who knows

?

there's a lot of guys on the TUF FLW that just happened

they were all hired, right?

Jockeys shouldn't have a division in the UFC.
Go ride a camel in Abu Dhabi or something.

Also, not every champion or fighter needs to be a draw just keep him to co-mains etc you can't make casual fans care about small fighters and even hardcore fans might choose to miss a DJ fight but whatever, nothing the UFC does will make more people watch him even if it's against Cruz/Gardbrant winner (not necessarily draws themselves)

Give him a 135 title shot to unify the belts, and abolish the 125.

Give him a 135 title shot to unify the belts, and abolish the 125.

This. And then make three interim belts in 125. And have them do a round robin and the top two after that fight McFruiter at the same time. The third can do face-painting at tiny arenas for Just Bleed fans. Because the UFC is a circus.

Cejudo 2
Benavidez 3

After that:
Brendan Moreno 1

The last TUF was basically a mass hire of talent, MM will probably fight one of them

He doesn't move the needle much for the UFC as it is, and this whole thing with TUF was designed to try and bring some more interest to the division. We'll see what happens, but DJ just isn't ever going to be much of a fan favorite. There's not enough to competition (at his level) for him at present. Maybe one of these new Champs they brought over will change that. I'd love to see it. I'm sick of the Mouse being Champ. It's time for a change.

Last edited:
Flyweight has great prospects. MM continues to defend against the top contenders.

Doesn't matter how many times he has to fight someone. You keep doing it until you retire.

Rename it Ratomweight and market the true GOAT

Back