if any two fighters in the top 5 fight, should it be a mandatory 5 rounds?

analog fuzz

FREE WHIRR
@Blue
Reaction score
Im a big Carlos Condit fan and just rewatched his fight with Big Rig (if you haven't seen it, it's a great fight check it out) and was left thinking if the fight had been a full 5 rounds Carlos would have came out on top.

Do you guys think if two top 5 fighters fight it should be a full 5 rounds? It makes a lot of sense since both fighters are both supposed to be elite status, and need to be able to fight 5 rounds. Plus, the repercussions of the fight are so huge and can lead to a title fight so i feel like it should be a 5 rounder. How do fellow sherdoggers feel?

I would agree, makes sense.

I often find myself wishing high-stakes fight were 5 rounds. So I'm all for it. More time of fighting makes me happy.

No. Only because rounds 4 and 5 are supposed to be something a champ or championship contender has over other fighters.

yes thought was whole reason for a five round main event...makes it better for clear winner then having draws/split dec

I'm actually probably one of the few that hates the 5 rounds every main event thing. I liked it when the 4th & 5th rounds were actually "championship rounds". It made title fights even more special, IMO.

Tangential; I also miss 15 round championship boxing matches.

Nah, but I do think they should on a case by case basis select certain fights for 5 rounds.

Back