as a long time boxing fan, conor could do very well in boxing.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think there is a myth that every boxer is a terrific boxer with incredible boxing fundamentals and skills.

Truth is, just like there are mma fighters who can't d shit, there are boxers who can't do much, and plenty of them.

I have an eye for good boxing skills. and IMO, Conor has skills, at least on the fundamental level, on par with mayweather, pacquaio, gamboa, etc. Fundamental doesnt mean "amateur", it means the fundamental techniques most if not all great boxers learn. this included:

Slipping
a good jab followed by a good cross.
a good lead right cross (in conors case a left lead).
slipping followed by countering effectively (see my avatar)
good footwork
good reaction time.
counters

other fighters in mma with good boxing are the diaz brothers and young rampage jackson who had good blocking IMO but maybe threw too wild. Helped him in k-1 though.

Im not going to name name in order to avoid triggering boxing fans, but there are plenty of guys in the top 20 in welter and super-welter that conor could beat and maybe even some title holders we see today.

Conor has skills, at least on the fundamental level, on par with mayweather, pacquaio, gamboa, etc.

kziqgoP.gif

Last edited:
if lucas browne can win a HW championship, conor can win a few fights himself and at least win a smaller title.

As a long time hockey player/fan, Conor could never succeed in that sport. Even Crosby is a better wrestler.

i'm a longtime boxing fan, and, no, he couldn't. You refuse to name names because you don't know any names.

Yeah, there's a long history of people who started boxing at 28 and went on to be superstar boxers.
I'm not counting boxing as a schoolboy or striking in MMA as they're nothing at all like pro boxing.

Ahh. Well since you "have an eye for good boxing skills", I'll just take your word for it.

I mean, with that good eye I have to assume you're in the business, correct? Talent scout?

i'm a longtime boxing fan, and, no, he couldn't. You refuse to name names because you don't know any names.

conor could beat guys like
Shawn Porter who come out like bulls. A young ricky hatton he could probably beat, maybe an active juan diaz.

conor could beat guys like
Shawn Porter who come out like bulls. A young ricky hatton he could probably beat, maybe an active juan diaz.

hahahahaha

thanks for exposing yourself my dude. I had some doubts when you said that McGregor has the same fundamentals as Mayweather and Pacquiao and proceeded to give your own definitions of what that means so as to be right, then say that McGregor could beat Shawn Porter, a legitimately good welterweight. Based on nothing but "he comes out like bulls"

Keith Thurman can't definitively beat Shawn Porter without a bit of controversy, but McGregor, a man without a boxing fight, could totally beat Porter. Sure, okay.

stay in your lane, mcgregor avatar.

if lucas browne can win a HW championship, conor can win a few fights himself and at least win a smaller title.
You are an idiot if you think that Lucas Browne owns a legit championship

hahahahaha

thanks for exposing yourself my dude. I had some doubts when you said that McGregor has the same fundamentals as Mayweather and Pacquiao and proceeded to give your own definitions of what that means so as to be right, then say that McGregor could beat Shawn Porter, a legitimately good welterweight. Based on nothing but "he comes out like bulls"

Keith Thurman can't definitively beat Shawn Porter without a bit of controversy, but McGregor, a man without a boxing fight, could totally beat Porter. Sure, okay.

stay in your lane, mcgregor avatar.
Tbh i thought porter won the thurman fight

As biggest conor fan and longtime boxing fan he would get outboxed badly by any top boxers. Boxing and the science/technique behind it is so different from mma. But conor would kill sny top boxers in a real fight

Conor got outboxed by Diaz, he would get murdered by any elite boxer, GGG would decapitate him within a round.

then your statement is even dumber.

conor moves is head just as a good as thurman and has more power IMO.

Conor is able to slip and defend punches in mma quite precisely while also having to be weary of elbows, kicks, knees, a clinch, and takedowns.

in a boxing match, he only has to worry about punches. this would just make his defense that much better and left counter that much more inevitable. conor mostly counters punches in mma. since boxing is ONLY punches his counters would come that much quicker because there would be no intermediary kicks, takedown attempts, etc

Conor got outboxed by Diaz, he would get murdered by any elite boxer, GGG would decapitate him within a round.

conor outboxed diaz in most of the first fight and all of the 2nd

Back