GGG says that he wrestled for 7 years and knows subs. He could become UFC champ in one year

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
"Yeah, I can [wrestle]," he recently told FightHubTV

"A lot of my friends wrestled. [I trained grappling for] five, seven years. Just a little bit of practice. I just went with my friends to the gym -- grappling, just wrestling.

"I love judo, I love grappling, I love jiu-jitsu."

As an elite boxer with an appreciation for grappling, Golovkin's choice of a favorite UFC fighter seems fitting.

Cain Velasquez, he said, when asked to name some of his favorite MMA athletes. "He is a good puncher. He is very compact. He's strong. He's very smart. He's a good fighter. He's a warrior."

Gennady Golovkin is 36-0, 33 KOs, legit ninja shit

That's the thing with A-level boxing fighters. They have been under state-sponsored programs since a very young age and have done it all. Truth is, there is a huge selection bias towards boxing - since it is the highest paying sport that's where most talented combat athletes tend to go. That's what most MMA fans don't get, the UFC is ROBBING you of watching the top combat athletes by being greedy and not paying fighters what they deserve. With as little as one year of pure MMA training a lot of these boxers would easily become UFC champ - where the talent pool is shallow. Conor McGregor, a lackluster amateur Irish boxer has completely embarrassed two divisions with very basic boxing skills and some grappling here and there. Now to think that an elite boxer like GGG with SEVEN years of grappling training would do any different is extremely naive. In fact I'm willing to bet GGG would OUTWRESTLE lots of fighters in top 20 if the fight took place tomorrow, just by having the right muscle memory and being the superior athlete

ggg1.gif

gggg2_medium.gif

If the UFC started to pay their fighters properly, maybe that could change, and A-level talent from the likes of Gennady and Vasyl Lomachenko could be attracted. Terence Crawford, another top boxer who has also grappled as a kid, said that he wouldnt fight at MMA because "fighters don't even get paid enough".
Right now only Yoel Romero(14-1) and Khabib Nurmagomedov(24-0) are at this level. They were literally bred to be fighters, training under state-sponsored programs their whole lives. Yet, all they get is hate from casual fans who bash them for speaking broken English. Yes the UFC revenue-splitting model is broken, but so is the MMA community

This isn't news. But seriously. The UFC would rather sign CM Punk for millions than sign a guy like 3G for millions. It's a joke.

This isn't news. But seriously. The UFC would rather sign CM Punk for millions than sign a guy like 3G for millions. It's a joke.
Cm punk ...that really happened didn't it..

"Yeah, I can [wrestle]," he recently told FightHubTV

"A lot of my friends wrestled. [I trained grappling for] five, seven years. Just a little bit of practice. I just went with my friends to the gym -- grappling, just wrestling.

"I love judo, I love grappling, I love jiu-jitsu."

As an elite boxer with an appreciation for grappling, Golovkin's choice of a favorite UFC fighter seems fitting.

Cain Velasquez, he said, when asked to name some of his favorite MMA athletes. "He is a good puncher. He is very compact. He's strong. He's very smart. He's a good fighter. He's a warrior."

Gennady Golovkin is 36-0, 33 KOs, legit ninja shit

That's the thing with A-level boxing fighters. They have been under state-sponsored programs since a very young age and have done it all. Truth is, there is a huge selection bias towards boxing - since it is the highest paying sport that's where most talented combat athletes tend to go. That's what most MMA fans don't get, the UFC is ROBBING you of watching the top combat athletes by being greedy and not paying fighters what they deserve. With as little as one year of pure MMA training a lot of these boxers would easily become UFC champ - where the talent pool is shallow. Conor McGregor, a lackluster amateur Irish boxer has completely embarrassed two divisions with very basic boxing skills and some grappling here and there. Now to think that an elite boxer like GGG with SEVEN years of grappling training would do any different is extremely naive. In fact I'm willing to bet GGG would OUTWRESTLE lots of fighters in top 20 if the fight took place tomorrow, just by having the right muscle memory and being the superior athlete

ggg1.gif

gggg2_medium.gif

If the UFC started to pay their fighters properly, maybe that could change, and A-level talent from the likes of Gennady and Vasyl Lomachenko could be attracted. Terence Crawford, another top boxer who has also grappled as a kid, said that he wouldnt fight at MMA because "fighters don't even get paid enough".
Right now only Yoel Romero(14-1) and Khabib Nurmagomedov(24-0) are at this level. They were literally bred to be fighters, training under state-sponsored programs their whole lives. Yet, all they get is hate from casual fans who bash them for speaking broken English. Yes the UFC revenue-splitting model is broken, but so is the MMA community
beating up that dude is the equivalent of beating up brimage in the UFC

I think the UFC would sign him if he was serious and showed that he could compete.

Dana White is a HUGE boxing fan and would love an opportunity to sign someone of his caliber.

Don't bother, you'd make much more as a top boxer than top UFC fighter

I think the UFC would sign him if he was serious and showed that he could compete.

Dana White is a HUGE boxing fan and would love an opportunity to sign someone of his caliber.
Then why hasn't it happened? They sure did sign CM Punk quick with zero combat sport experience. Help CM Punk had zero competitive sports experience. If 3G has 7 years of wrestling experience that's huge and can make the transition to MMA in a year. Make the offer. Put money where your mouth is.

Don't bother, you'd make much more as a top boxer than top UFC fighter
Yes because the UFC doesn't pay fighters their fair share. They prefer to hype C-level athletes like Eddie Alvarez and sell ppl wolf tickets. It is a buy low sell high strategy really

He knows subs my ass. Would get tapped as quick as that dude from WWE.

Truth is, there is a huge selection bias towards boxing - since it is the highest paying sport

GGG just collected his best purse yet of $5 million dollars, He got $2 million when he fought fought wade, and $2 million when he fought Lemiux. He's not making any more money than the top UFC fighters.

I don't see GGG earning anymore than $5 million in his next fight either seeing as HBO is planning on putting the Jacobs fight on PPV. He's already proven that he's not a draw and the fight will be lucky to hit 200K, so it's not like he's going to be getting ppv points.

Why do all of these Anti-MMA/Pro-Boxing threads keep popping up in the UFC section. I'm a boxing fan the same as I'm an MMA fan, but a lot of boxing purists are super fucking insecure.

GGG with 4 ounce gloves would be devastating.

He would need to train MMA for at least a few years before he would have anything but a puncher's chance against top grapplers though.... which basically means its not worth it because by that time he could have already gotten super rich from boxing.

GGG just collected his best purse yet of $5 million dollars, He got $2 million when he fought fought wade, and $2 million when he fought Lemiux. He's not making any more money than the top UFC fighters.

I don't see GGG earning anymore than $5 million in his next fight either seeing as HBO is planning on putting the Jacobs fight on PPV. He's already proven that he's not a draw and the fight will be lucky to hit 200K, so it's not like he's going to be getting ppv points.

Why do all of these Anti-MMA/Pro-Boxing threads keep popping up in the UFC section. I'm a boxing fan the same as I'm an MMA fan, but a lot of boxing purists are super fucking insecure.

How many UFC fighters make $5 million a fight?

He will also very likely make more than $5 million when he finally fights Alvarez as its going to be held at Cowboys Stadium in front of 80,000 people (he already sold out MSG in his fight against Lemieux).

You're also forgetting that the UFC has Reebok and boxing doesn't. Gennady has some huge sponsors in Nike and Apple, as well as a bunch of others. I'm sure he'd like to give those up for some $2000 / fight Reebok money....

GGG should box and STFU. What...is he that eager for a massive paycut to take a way worse beating in MMA?

GGG would destroy chins in the UFC.

Back