Aldo vs Top 5 LWs

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
If Aldo does move up to LW, how do you think he will do against the top 5?
I think he has a chance against all of them with the hardest being Conor and the easiest being Alvarez, imo.
Thoughts?

He would beat Khabib
He would beat Tony
He would beat Alvarez
He would beat RDA
He would get KOd in 13 seconds by Conor.

Ferg beats him IMO.
He probably beats Alvarez.
He might beat RDA 50/50.
Khabib is hard to call, depends all on the TDD but I think Kebab is too big.
Conor beats him.

He's quite short to fight at modern LW, 5'7 is even shorter than most FWs now.

I think he does just okay. I always have said that on here. Since way before the Conor fight. I argued more than most that a move to 155 at the time wouldn't be great. He's just too small. Aldo really isn't that big at all and his power won't translate well. He'll have to maintain a bit bigger lead to win decisions as he's prone to taking off some time in 5 round fights. There's a lot of pressure fighters at 155 currently and i think it would be tough to constantly decision these guys.

edit. I also think he's out of his prime as well. Still great. But that doesn't help.

Last edited:
I am an Aldo fan but I do admit Conor will knock him out if he stands with him. If he grapples then he might have a chance but then again, Aldo is way too emotional.....

I'd pick him over RDA and Alvarez and Diaz fairly confidently. I'm not sure how he'd do against Khabib or Ferguson. Skill for skill, he's better than those two, but Khabib and Ferguson are huge Lightweights and they won't be deterred by what you throw at them.

He would beat Khabib
He would beat Tony

He would beat Alvarez
He would beat RDA
He would get KOd in 13 seconds by Conor.

Green = You good to go
Red
= Straight up NO
Orange
= Let me ponder this?

If Aldo does move up to LW, how do you think he will do against the top 5?
I think he has a chance against all of them with the hardest being Conor and the easiest being Alvarez, imo.
Thoughts?
Beats Khabib, loses to Conor. That is all.

Would love to see him fight Khabib

Outstrikes Khabib for a few rounds, then gasses a bit and gets outgrappled. Not sure who wins.

Walks through Eddie easily

Outstrikes RDA

Tony might be too big for Aldo

Conor will always be a stylistic problem for Aldo, but a rematch would be interesting.

Green = You good to go
Red
= Straight up NO
Orange
= Let me ponder this?

I think if you take Conor out of the equation Aldo is the best fighter under 170lbs.

Picks apart Alvarez.
Could possibly outpoint Ferguson, but could lose as well.
Could possibly outpoint McGregor, but could get KO'd.
I think RDA and Khabib overpower him and grind out a UD.

I do think Khabib can grind out a decision but RDA too? I think Aldo is better than RDA in almost everything but cardio. RDA does have size on him so I dunno.... Never seen him as a heavy grinder and I don't think he can take Aldo down and keep him there.

I think if you take Conor out of the equation Aldo is the best fighter under 170lbs.

I would not fully disagree with you just based on Aldo's last performance against Frankie it was a systematic 5rd dismantling I love a good KO but I also love to see a guy take another man apart and break him, does that sound sadistic?

aldo never overpowered anyone at FW and struggled against chad mendez and mark hominick if you think he competes at LW you are wrong

I can see him beating the top 5 but not dominating

Back