If Trius beats Elliot tonight, do you consider him the GOAT?

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thats an 11 fight winstreak, and the 2nd longest title reign next to Anderson.

His last loss was to P4P #2 Th3 D0m1n4t0r.

Trius already cleaned out his division. Not much he can do at this point.

There is nothing he can do in his current division to be GOAT, imo.

He'd have to win a rematch against Dom first... I don't think there is anyone at '25 that can push him over the line. All great champions need great rivals and DJ is missing that.

He is current P4p nnumber 1 no doubt but I think he needs to fight Dominick Cruz and beat him to be my GOAT

Trius

72Zbrkg.gif

Beating Tim Elliot does nothing for anything.

Its an utterly pointless fight.

This is like the James Irvin, Travis Lutter, or Stephen Bonnar of Anderson's 16 fight run.

There is nothing he can do in his current division to be GOAT, imo.
Agree so much with this the talent is just not there now.

Outside of Joe B his Comp is comical considering he is about to tie the title record.

GOAT at Fly Weight. He could never be an overall GOAT. There are hundreds of fighters in the UFC who would beat him without any effort at all.

GOAT is greatest of all time, how can you be greatest in a sport where you're near the bottom of the food chain...

The GOAT argument at a minimum has to start from 185lb, so there is at least the hypothetical possibility that they could win the HW belt. All other arguments need to stick to GOAT of their division.

No because it doesn't mean anything

GOAT at Fly Weight. He could never be an overall GOAT. There are hundreds of fighters in the UFC who would beat him without any effort at all.

GOAT is greatest of all time, how can you be greatest in a sport where you're near the bottom of the food chain...

The GOAT argument at a minimum has to start from 185lb, so there is at least the hypothetical possibility that they could win the HW belt. All other arguments need to stick to GOAT of their division.

That's not how 'GOAT' is understood. GSP is always mentioned in GOAT conversations. Nobody expects him to beat the likes of Fedor, Overeem, Werdum, Stipe, etc.

Back