Dominick Cruz... vs FW???

Summoning

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The true question is... Would Dominick Cruz do well at Featherweight???

Dom by dancing shit
0NJbUd.gif

Was somebody revisiting old threads...? lol :p

But the answer is yes. He's fought at FW before.

He just needs to stay where he is and defend a few more times. He is already a top fighter of all time IMO. Stay healthy Dom..

He'd do well if he cherry picked or only fought left overs like Anderson (not that that's a bad thing, moving up in and of itself is an amazing feat, and he shouldn't be expected to beat bigger opponents). But if he fought the elite like Choi or Conor, I feel he'd get stopped. But I think that's acceptable. There's nothing wrong with just being the best among fighters your size.

Aldo's vintage leg kicks would be his nemesis. But Aldo hasn't looked that good in his recent fights IMO.

I hate his annoying random shuffling style. I'd like to see him move up and get the shit kicked out of him by Aldo.

He has fought at FW already.. His only loss was also at 145. Dom openly admits to being in the high 160s out of camp, and has gained mass since he last fought at FW. So to answer your question, it would appear that he would do well at 145 currently..
Dom vs Aldo, Edgar, Pettis, Mendes, Yair, Holloway, Cub, etc.. Are all possible fights if he went to 145. Dom has also stated recently that if Conor won the 155 belt, he would want to fight Conor at 155 for the belt. At 155, Dom vs Conor, Nate, Ferguson and Barboza would be interesting, especially being the actual smaller man in those fights.

Off topic.. I think Cody, TJ, Almaeida, and Sterling do well at FW too, and see at least two of those four, going up to 145 before end of 2018.

So, Why Dom never challenge Aldo???
cause he had 1 fight in like 4 years. Came back to reclaim his title and position at BW, and with a short list of challengers. He takes care of Cody and TJ, he may look for super fight. rather see him fight MM first. FW would be interesting tho.

Domain would do very well at 145. He's a very big BW, so there wouldn't be a major problem. Would he beat Aldo? Who knows. But I'd love to see it. I'd be particularly interested to see how Aldo handles his movement. Everyone assumes that Aldo would murder Dog's legs with kicks, but Aldo has been hesitant to use leg kicks against wrestlers, to avoid takedowns. Dom is one of the best in the sport at mixing in takedowns, so I wouldn't be surprised if Aldo avoided throwing leg kicks.

He is an amazing fighter IMO and would do really well at FW. I would love to see him against Franky Edgar, it would be epic!!!

He would be awesome against Conor because Conor relies on movement and controlling space so much. Cruz would leave him bewildered and keep popping him. Conor would probably have to go for a takedown or clinch.

Edgar Vs Cruz is more realistic and it is Edgar who should go down. Cruz Vs a real scrapper could be tough for him.

He should only entertain fights with Aldo (Superfight), Frankie (top FW and kinda small), or a rematch the MM so they can squash that division and MM can be top 5 BW as he should be

Back