Why doesnt Demetrious Johnson just go up in weight?

Gervinho

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The man has nothing left in his divisions and now fighting people like Tim Elliot? I mean where is the ambition and the desire to test yourself? Guy has zero competition left in his division

did you watch his 2 losses/ Dude was severely outsized. Its not like hes killing himself to make 125

Hes one of the few cases of me not having a problem with a champ who cleared out the division not going up

I can't really blame the guy, he is fighting in his weight division and is by far the best

why should he fight bigger guys ?

Not everyone could be, or want to be Conor McGregor

He wants to break the title defense record.

did you watch his 2 losses/ Dude was severely outsized. Its not like hes killing himself to make 125

Hes one of the few cases of me not having a problem with a champ who cleared out the division not going up
so he is gonna wait and fight tuf winners and big them up. Eventually it becomes a joke. He is settling for this when he should aim for more

Its always fun when guys go up in weight and challenge themselves but I can't really blame a guy for never wanting to. It's their career and if they feel staying where they are most comfortable at is best for them then... ehhhh.. let them do them.

Last fight at bantam - lost to Cruz.
Since then 10-0-1 at flyweight.
It's a mystery to me why he doesn't move up in weight.

He's been open to going up in weight, he just wants a 7 figure payday for it, which I think he deserves. He's been pushing for a Cruz super fight for a good while and theres dozens of interviews you can read/watch of him discussing it.

Man wants to get paid and he should. Nothing wrong with that.

1. Title defense record, he still has Elliott, Reis, Formiga , JoeB/Horiguchi rematch fin future
2. He wants some serious money for stepping up since he is outsized at 135

so he is gonna wait and fight tuf winners and big them up. Eventually it becomes a joke. He is settling for this when he should aim for more

Yep, he's actually facing worse opponents by the day. The least he could do is have catchweight fights and still hold his belt.

He's not even that big of a flyweight. I'd say Benividez is a bigger flyweight. He's tiny. He ain't moving up unless the money is there.

Because he wants to break Silva's records and he knows how fucking risky that Dom fight is and doesnt think the risk is worth the reward financially

He's already not that big for Flyweight anyway

He doesn't want to get dominated again. Understandable.

tumblr_mht9o4qt0S1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Yep, he's actually facing worse opponents by the day. The least he could do is have catchweight fights and still hold his belt.
Thats my problem with him...the opponents are getting worse and worse because he has beaten everyone and once he beats you, its hard to make a rematch ebcause he outclasses you. Now I am sitting here the UFC hyping Tim Elliot and how he is a threat to DJ.

He doesn't want to get dominated again. Understandable.

tumblr_mht9o4qt0S1ry1rm7o1_250.gif
<mma3>
Serious question though, would you be interested in seeing a DJ/Cruz rematch? He has said he's open to moving up for money or in a couple more fights

If Dom's even the champion at that time<33>

He wants to break the title defense record.
Yeah, but even if he does, nobody's going to care. FW is the weakest division in the history of the UFC. Dare I say even weaker than WBW. I don't see how anyone can even disagree with this when you have Elliot getting a title shot.

Back