Conor McGregor about Bruce Lee "i have no doubt world champion in MMA" would he fight in MMA today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce was lightning quick, but he was also smart enough to adapt and train in other styles to become more complete.

At his height and weight, he probably could have been champ.

Show me proof Bruce Lee could take a punch.

I wasn't aware there was a 115 lb steroid division in the UFC

anyone else notice how all TV martial artist legends pretty much are nonexistant since MMA?

Glorified bodybuilder.

Glorified bodybuilder?? Are you insane? Seriously. You think a guy that never broke 145lbs in his life, is some sort of bodybuilder? He was lean as hell...Probably more lean than any fighter fighting today...and he maintained it year round...I love the people that say "oh, he was just an actor" These same people don't realize that bruce never even wanted to be an actor..it was by chance and luck...He was a martial artist is entire life..he was a revolutionary...

I wasn't aware there was a 115 lb steroid division in the UFC

Where are you getting 115lbs. Bruce was about 140lbs...and he was already super lean...not an ounce of fat...so no need to cut any weight.

anyone else notice how all TV martial artist legends pretty much are nonexistant since MMA?

Haven't watched a jason stathom movie lately, huh? haha....You can be the greatest fighter on earth, but suck on screen...Stathom would make any of these ufc fighters look stupid...Now of course, i'm talking on screen skill wise, not in actual fight or contest...

Where are you getting 115lbs. Bruce was about 140lbs...and he was already super lean...not an ounce of fat...so no need to cut any weight.

Maybe he would do well against the bottom feeders, but I think he would get starched against any top 145 lb. The silly Wing Chun stuff just doesn't work.

If you read a little about how Bruce Lee trained, it makes perfect sense. He was a certified badass and took physical and mental training very seriously.

Maybe he would do well against the bottom feeders, but I think he would get starched against any top 145 lb. The silly Wing Chun stuff just doesn't work.

Wing chun? He started out in that...but he quit wing chun soon after...He knew wing chun was extremely limited..that was just his beginning into martial arts...He learned all styles...american boxing. He also trained Gene Lebelle...even way back then, he knew the ground game was important...jeet kune do is a mixture of all styles...to take what works and discard the rest...that was his philosophy.

Glorified bodybuilder?? Are you insane? Seriously. You think a guy that never broke 145lbs in his life, is some sort of bodybuilder? He was lean as hell...Probably more lean than any fighter fighting today...and he maintained it year round...I love the people that say "oh, he was just an actor" These same people don't realize that bruce never even wanted to be an actor..it was by chance and luck...He was a martial artist is entire life..he was a revolutionary...

i'm sure i read at one point he got bigger than 145 with bodybuilding training but felt he was too slow and it impaired his movement so did not continue with it. not knocking what you said, just a bit of trivia.

:D

I think Bruce Lee is just considered "badass" because he's Asian. There aren't a lot of Asian badasses in the mainstream. So, Asian guys feel the need to throw all their all their energy behind a fraud because they have nothing else.

It just makes them look dumb at the end of the day. It'd be like white guys taking the Chuck Norris jokes seriously and throwing all their energy into seriously defending Chuck Norris' street cred. At least Chuck Norris was a documented real fighter and not just an actor.

But yeah, Asian guys are basically emasculated and need a masculine hero. Bruce Lee is the phony that they've elevated to that status.

I kinda feel like white guys have been similarly emasculated and their hero right now is Donald Trump.

Not really sure, how you can call bruce lee a fraud...he was a martial artist..martial arts instructor..he developed his own fighting style...he is the most recognizable name in all of martial arts..nobody could ever compare to him...As far as chuck norris...you should read what he and many others have said about bruce and just how good he was...listen to guys like joe lewis, chuck, bob stone, etc....oh, and chuck norris was an undefeated world karate champion...full contact....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back