People slate the UFC payouts and Reebok deal....

dim_

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Last nights payouts for the Bellator main event...

Michael Chandler ($50,000 + no win bonus = $50,000) def. Benson Henderson ($50,000)

And before y'all say, "yeh, but bet he raked it in through short sponsors etc"

12_Michael_Chandler_V_Benson_Henderson_5718.1479920549.png

He didnt have any...

Dat Reebok deal..

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11/...salaries-chandler-henderson-make-50k-mma-news

it doesn't make the reebok deal any good

The reebok deal pretty much ensures based on your amount of fights/ #1 contender status/ champion how much money your going to rechive. when you go back to a free market espically one that's not the major promotion your gonna have to do alot of leg work/phone calls to get sponsorships in addition to your training I think that aspect is extremely overlooked

it doesn't make the reebok deal any good

No, but it also shows that the green grass on the other side of the fence is a field full of cowshite just like this one./

They're all getting six-figures from sponsorship as well as lockerroom bonuses

The Reebok deal likely destroyed the whole MMA sponsorship thing. If the best fighters can't be sponsored, a lot probably pulled out of the industry in general.

Conditions for fighters have never been better thanks to reebok and with the new reebok hotdog brander on the way, fight fans will be able to reap the benefits too.

As a title challenger, Bendo would have pocketed $30k from the evil Reebok deal.

giphy.gif

If I won a random MMA lottery, that trumped all governing bodies criteria (must be able to fight way out of paper bag), and got booked to fight on a UFC undercard....which I would lose in 19 second, depending on how fast I could run....I could rustle up probably 20k in sponsors.

My butt, with Jimmies hardware and soup written all over will be seen by millions.

Its not rocket sharpening.

If I won a random MMA lottery, that trumped all governing bodies criteria (must be able to fight way out of paper bag), and got booked to fight on a UFC undercard....which I would lose in 19 second, depending on how fast I could run....I could rustle up probably 20k in sponsors.

My butt, with Jimmies hardware and soup written all over will be seen by millions.

Its not rocket sharpening.

It's Rocket Geology, you doofus!

No, but it also shows that the green grass on the other side of the fence is a field full of cowshite just like this one./
not really.
Rebook deal - you can't improve it.
Outside sponsors - His own fault. He can get them or not. His choice.
Personally, if Bendo had no sponsors, is because he was waiting/expecting to become the champ to get them.

So what, as champ he once made... 18,000! AS FOOKING CHAMP in the UFC.

not really.
Personally, if Bendo had no sponsors, is because he was waiting/expecting to become the champ to get them.

I hope that's not what happened.

The grass isn't greener because the biggest platform ruined sponsorship for everyone. Why sponsor someone in a smaller org when they can potentially go to the UFC where you can't sponsor them?

The UFC killed sponsors for every org with the Reebok deal. There's no reason to invest in the small end when that's the only place you can.

not really.

I would be very surprised if that was not the case.

I highly doubt that Ben could not secure ANY sponsors after he left the UFC and signed with Bellator...while it is also logical to assume that the offers would have been more numerous and more lucrative had he become champ.

Back