Khabib and Ferguson...

dmc

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Conor has fought 3 times this year, and 3 times last year...He wants 6 months off, whats the big issue? He deserves some time off from fighting and the spotlight. Yet people are saying he is ducking both of these guys...Now he could have just claimed and "injury" instead...

-Khabib has fought twice this year, zero times last year, and one time in 2014...
-Ferguson has fought twice this year, 3 times last year, and 3 times in 2014...

People are gonna argue who is more deserving of the two...I feel Tony is tbh, just by judging from both of their last few fights...May as well have them fight each other for number one contender in early spring and be done. They both just fought someone last month. So the timing would be perfect for both to face each other. Let winner have Conor in July or whatever...

Obviously this is the right thing to do, I mean who is the real no.1 contender at 155?

I'd prefer Ferguson. I think Khabib has been dining out on his ranking for too long without doing the work to maintain it.

May as well have them fight each other for number one contender in early spring and be done.

Sure why not. Khabib will have to beat him up sooner or later..

I feel Conor would beat either of these guys, so it doesnt matter to me who he faces next.

But prior to that fight, we need a clear no.1 contender...

Khabib vs Tony for the 155 interim belt is a good move i think

But i prefer to watch Conor vs Woodley or Conor vs Nate 3 at 170

This fight needs to happen next.

Sure why not. Khabib will have to beat him up sooner or later..
zhat8j3.gif

4474018_o.gif

I think we need a clear #1 contender. You can make an argument for both Khabib and Ferguson so why not have them fight first. Loser can rack up one or two wins and get his shot afterwards. I have no problem with McGregor taking a little break, as long as his next fight is a title defense against one of those two.

Conor has 6 months to bulk up to 170, or he has 6 months to prepare his return at 155...Either way, I dont see anyone at 155 taking his title for quite some time. He would be a small WW, but it would be amazing if he did take the WW title...

If he was to fight at WW, now would be the time to put on weight, since he is off for 6 months or so. But at same time, he should KO/TKO the no.1 guy at 155 first...He does need to stay at 155 for a defenses though..

Man would people flip out and come up with more excuses and hatred, if he did take the 170 title...I think he may goto 170 down the road. After he finishes off a few top guys at 155...

The problem isn't that Conor wants 6 months off. The problem is winning a title and immediately announcing that you are taking a break. This seems like a trend in the UFC. As soon as guys win a belt, they immediately want to sit on it. And Conor's situation is much worse because he lobbied for the chance to hold 2 belts on the premise that he'd be the most active champion. In reality, his plan was to win 2 belts and then sit on them.

He could have just claimed an injury, like others have in the past...Either way he would get ragged on. But he does need some time off, and mias well do it while his woman is pregnant...

Let the 2 fight and sort out #1 and #2 contender. People say he is ducking them, but it seems that they are ducking each other...

Khabib is 8-0 in the UFC...

Ferguson is 13-1 in the UFC...His loss was 10 fights ago...

I dont care who is the number 1 contender, but it seems like everyone is saying Khabib is, and I dont really understand how or why tbh...

Khabib is 8-0 in the UFC...

Ferguson is 13-1 in the UFC...His loss was 10 fights ago...

I dont care who is the number 1 contender, but it seems like everyone is saying Khabib is, and I dont really understand how or why tbh...

He isnt. This place is just full of people who have 0 ability to be impartial.

It's because he jumped the line in front of more deserving contenders only to immediately say he wants a break when getting the belt. It's become a cliché for people to get a belt and then suddenly say all the dangerous contenders need to pick each other off while they sit back.

People are gonna argue who is more deserving of the two...I feel Tony is tbh,

There's no discussion, they have 4 common opponents.
The 3 Ferg beat had already been beaten by Khabib.
The one Ferg lost to just got stopped by Khabib.

There's no way Ferg is in front.

There's no discussion, they have 4 common opponents.
The 3 Ferg beat had already been beaten by Khabib.
The one Ferg lost to just got stopped by Khabib.

There's no way Ferg is in front.

Yes Ferguson lost to Michael Johnson, 10 fights ago...I just dont see what the issue is having these 2 face each other prior to Conors return is all. But if Khabib is the #1 guy and wants to sit for 10 months, that is on him I guess...

But everyone is acting like Khabib is the clear guy, and in reality it is a toss up between the two...

Yes Ferguson lost to Michael Johnson, 10 fights ago...I just dont see what the issue is having these 2 face each other prior to Conors return is all. But if Khabib is the #1 guy and wants to sit for 10 months, that is on him I guess...

But everyone is acting like Khabib is the clear guy, and in reality it is a toss up between the two...

Well I just showed you why.
Khabib has fought 8 times in the UFC, Ferg beat 3 of them after Khabib already had and the one he couldn't beat Khabib just did.
If Ferg wants to be considered #1 maybe try fighting some people Khabib hasn't already beaten.

They should strip Conor anyway and let Khabib and Ferg fight for the title. Mainly because interim titles suck and you don't want it to go like the last time #1 and #2 ranked fighters fought in the UFC and for it to end after 3 rounds like Benavidez and Cejudo. Just guarantee Conor fights for the title first fight back.

The problem isn't that Conor wants 6 months off. The problem is winning a title and immediately announcing that you are taking a break. This seems like a trend in the UFC. As soon as guys win a belt, they immediately want to sit on it. And Conor's situation is much worse because he lobbied for the chance to hold 2 belts on the premise that he'd be the most active champion. In reality, his plan was to win 2 belts and then sit on them.

All True ^^^^ Amounts to belt hostage taking. They need to establish clear rules as to when a Championship Belt must be defended for a healthy Champ and a injured champ, with the #1 objective of keeping divisions moving, men fighting & earning, it's f*ked up that you have 1 man log jams 2 divisions.

While I'm rolling interim belts should only be brought out for injury and extreme circumstances, not because some f*ker sneezed & caught a cold. The FW division seems to straightening itself out now that there is a actual belt and Champ that will actually defend it. But the LW division seems to heading down the same rocky road if not checked, it's recently announced that Conor will now be away for 10months.

If the LW division top end is locked for 10months then interim title for Khabib/Ferguson, and the boyz top 10 and beyond scuff knuckles for position.

It's because he jumped the line in front of more deserving contenders only to immediately say he wants a break when getting the belt. It's become a cliché for people to get a belt and then suddenly say all the dangerous contenders need to pick each other off while they sit back.

Line jumpers they piss me off in life & sports, like f*kers taking that parking spot @The mall you were about to pull into blinkers on and all B!tch in the big SUV she don't even know how to drive takes the spot I just wanna Christmas shop and get the f*k out! Hubby not gonna be happy some f*ker keyed his wifey's fancy white suv.

Sorry bro, I got lost there for a moment that ^^^^ was just an imaginary scenario it didn't happen...

lol.gif

Back