is the "G.O.A.T." discussion result of comparison with other sports ?

dontlaugh

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know it is subjective but

It seems there's a big need to name a "Greatest of All time" in MMA, when it really there's enough room for a lot of uppercuts, i mean fighters, to be considered greats.

Let's pick some considered GOATs like Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, Pelé etc... Do people really expect to find an MMA fighter that accomplishes enough to be mentioned up there with those athletes ? or at least come close to the importance their had for their respective sports ?

Can we compare them ? can there really be a GOAT MMA fighter ? Is Fedor the one that comes closer to that definition ?

There isn't a GOAT in any sport, it's all subjective and there's no way to compare across eras.

There isn't a GOAT in any sport, it's all subjective and there's no way to compare across eras.

Sugar Ray Robinson is hailed by most boxers, experts and pundits even to this day as the GOAT in boxing.....even Ali who many consider the goat considered SRR the greatest. Wayne Gretzky can be considered goat based on his insane amount of records alone, let alone that most already have him there......MJ is considered by nearly everyone as goat in basketball.....i think its a majority thing.....if the majority of athletes, analysts, experts, average every day people hail 1 person as the goat ...i think we can safely say that person is the goat.

MMA is still a young sport , in its infancy compared to any other pro sport worth a damn, so its a little more difficult.

Lionel Messi is the greatest sportsman of all time

Back