Champions records vs. the current top 15. (Dec. 2, 2016)

Who do you think has the most impressive resume vs. their CURRENT top 15

• Dominick Cruz 4-1 vs 3 of the top 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stipe Miocic 4-2 vs 6 of the top 15

• Amanda Nunes 4-1 vs 5 of the top 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm bored. (Edit. This took way longer than i expected) This is just how their records look vs the current top 15 as of this posting. Not vs. the ranking when they fought.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings

Results.
Demetrious Johnson 8-0 vs 6 of the top 15
Dominick Cruz 4-1 vs 3 of the top 15
Jose Aldo 4-0 vs 3 of the top 15
Conor McGregor 3-1 vs 3 of the top 15
Tyron Woodley 5-0-1 vs 6 of the top 15
Michael Bisping 3-3 vs 5 of the top 15
Daniel Cormier 3-0 vs 3 of the top 15
Stipe Miocic 4-2 vs 6 of the top 15
Joanna Jedrzejczyk 7-0 vs 6 of the top 15
Amanda Nunes 4-1 vs 5 of the top 10

Last edited:
Didn't think about it till you tallied, but had to go with twood

Chad Mendes is top 15

not as of today.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings

Numbers are very skewed obviously as the all entail current situations. But as of today it's how the divisions look. Thought it was kind of interesting. Tallying up i realized that UFC also loves their rematches. Again, there's a million asterisks to this list for some of them.

Are you saying they were top 15 when they fought or now? Either way my answer is dj. He dominated everyone except Dodson 1 and I think benevidez, then destroyed them in rematches

Joanna.

She is so far ahead of everyone else in her division.

Joanna.

She is so far ahead of everyone else in her division.
Eh, she's been pretty badly hurt in her last couple. She has to tighten up her defense before I'd consider her that far ahead.

Taking the rankings today and not when they fought may be the easiest for the TS but it makes no sense at all when trying to compare stuff like this.

Eh, she's been pretty badly hurt in her last couple. She has to tighten up her defense before I'd consider her that far ahead.

Last couple?
When did Gadelha have her hurt at all let alone 'pretty badly' hurt.

Taking the rankings today and not when they fought may be the easiest for the TS but it makes no sense at all when trying to compare stuff like this.

most of them are pretty relevant. Stipe, Tyron, JJ, Mighty Mouse, etc are all relatively the same as far as their competitions skill levels. It's more for seeing where they are and their futures at their divisions. The poll was just to add a little discussion, as most people will just ignore a thread where you have to look through information. Admittedly it doesn't make all the sense in the world. lol

I do think it's interesting to see someone like DC, even thought he's in a bad division, hasn't fought a lot of the current guys. And it's cool to see a guy like Aldo who once cleaned out most of the division have a few new guys. Cruz has a lot of work to do vs. the current division as well.

I thought it was also kind of interesting to see they have done a lot of rematches that build up these guys reps. But so many others never get their shot. Plus a lot of those big wins for some of them aren't around anymore or it's been quite a while. Getting a picture of today and the next few months a little more clearly with this. I still expect a lot of rematches before we see most of these guys get their shots.

Last edited:
Purely on statistics its between mighty mouse and Joanna.

Joanna has done it quicker

And I think the competition in her division is stronger/more competitive that flyweight where dj is clearly miles ahead of everyones

Joanna on paper, could have lost any of her defences

Gotta go with the p4p #1. Demetrious Johnson 8-0 vs 6 of the top 15

Daniel Cormier survived a clean shot from Rumble and still dominated him, plus he beat Gus and Anderson. Quality wins >>> Quantity

Don't forget to LIKE Shonuf's opening post...

Mightymouse 8 wins against top 15.... lol isn't there only like 20, 25 fighters in his entire division?

Twood shonuf. If you put it in perspective, it's the right answer

Gotta give the nod to McGregor at FW+LW tho.

I'm also glad to be able to vote until 2018

Back