Can it be said that Conor defended his interim belt against Aldo

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Conor won the interim belt from Mendes, had a unification match against Aldo...where both brought their belts on the line to defend their claim to being the undisputed FW champion.

Isn't that what a defence is? Conor defended his claim as champion against Aldo, and Aldo did the same thing. Just like Nunes will be defending her claim as champion against Rousey, just like Tyron defended his claim as champ against Wonderboy.

I'm not a Conor bandwagoner as well, just want to hear some arguments as to why his bout with Aldo wouldn't constitute as a title defence. Both were not the undisputed champ at the time, (We all know Aldo was, but having an interim belt floating around changes the official distinction).

When Barao was interim champ, his next title fights counted as defences even though they were still only for an interim belt. Why not Conor's 2nd championship fight at FW?

084.png

Conor won the interim belt from Mendes, had a unification match against Aldo...where both brought their belts on the line to defend their claim to being the undisputed FW champion.

Isn't that what a defence is? Conor defended his claim as champion against Aldo, and Aldo did the same thing. Just like Nunes will be defending her claim as champion against Rousey, just like Tyron defended his claim as champ against Wonderboy.

I'm not a Conor bandwagoner as well, just want to hear some arguments as to why his bout with Aldo wouldn't constitute as a title defence. Both were not the undisputed champ at the time, (We all know Aldo was, but having an interim belt floating around changes the official distinction).

When Barao was interim champ, his next title fights counted as defences even though they were still only for an interim belt. Why not Conor's 2nd championship fight at FW?
I actually get what you're saying, so yeah.. but no.

Barao was fighting contenders, not the real champ

McGregor fought the real champ. Had he fought a contender before Aldo, i think you would have a better case

Your opinion is unpopular, but I agree with it.

Bringing in my impartial jury on this one uncle Fred, I mean juror #1

sanford%20amp%20son%20gif.gif

Interim belts are unification belts you can defend that belt against any other contender but once you fight that Champ interim is gone belt is now unified you fighting for one belt.

"There can only be one"...

- Highlander

if aldo won, would his status in the division have changed? Now what about conors status when he did win?

what are you, fucking retarded?

Back